R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedForum Wish List - Event Date: 01 Apr 2016 - 30 Apr 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Should changes be made to the forums?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [34.78%]
0 [0.00%]
12 [52.17%]
3 [13.04%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Forum Wish List
    Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 6:08pm
In looking at the forum "traffic" some thoughts come to my mind.
Some of the forums are heavily used, while others, very lightly. The Mods& Maintenance forum is the most popular, with over 26,000 posts. Sometimes, your new post will stay on the homepage for a nano-second, before being "bumped". Thanks to you great folks, the membership just keeps increasing....a very good thing, indeed.

At the other end of the spectrum, "Camping with Kids" has had only 34 posts since 2009. This, and maybe a few others, would probably not be terribly missed, if deleted. Posts of these natures could be "absorbed" into other forums.

Forums like Mods & Maintenance could be split into individual forums, something like:

Mods & Improvements
Maintenance
Problems & Repairs

Also, there are some topics that come up often, which might deserve there own forums, like:

Batteries and Power issues
Hitching and towing issues
Tow Vehicles

So, what do you think?

IMHO, if you WOULD like changes, keep in mind that we are heading into the "busy season" and Admins are out there with us. It may be several months before anything could be done, if desired.
Thanks!
JandL View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 6:37pm
Under some topics that come up often you add "tires". That would be the 4 most topics everyone has a different option on. I like the idea of breaking out the Mods and Improvements. Before I got my trailer many years ago I read thru everyone. Now it is up to 2648 Topics and 26238 Posts and things get buried and hard to find
JandL
2013 Honda Ridgeline
2012 177
2 Paynes in a Pod
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 6:47pm
This is a little off topic, but I'd like to see the forum be optimized for mobile devices. I use TapaTalk for most of the forums I participate on and it sure makes browsing posts a lot easier on my iPhone 6S than Safari. This site is painful to use on the phone, but it's OK on my iPad.
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 7:42pm
I like it the way it is, it is flexible enough to handle the occasional odd topic.
Having been around for a while, I find it easy to maneuver through. 
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 9:33pm
Sounds like David is volunteering!  LOLLOLLOL

TheBum - part of our backstory is that the owner of the forum provides it free to us, which includes the forum software (Web Wiz).  It has been upgraded a few times but it is up to him when it will happen again, and up to the maker of the software for features.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 4:38am
Originally posted by techntrek

Sounds like David is volunteering!  LOLLOLLOL

The concepts of "work" and "productivity" are two that I have always struggled with. I find them rather abstract, confusing and "open to interpretation".   

In this world there are:
Leaders
Followers
People like me who, don't seem to do either very well.

The smart, dedicated members of the forum deserve no less than the very best, for such an important task - a person of intellect and vision. My "strengths" lie in thoughtful observations of these types of persons. While flattered in your nomination, I humbly admit that the task exceeds my capabilities.

Remember folks...exercise your right to vote! (above)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 8:41am

Thanks for the comments JandL, The Bum and Leo B.

Thanks to you folks, the forum is successful and growing, as it is.
What I am wondering is - if a tweek or two was made, would it make it even better for all of you? (keeping in mind that it will likely continue to grow)

There is no right or wrong answer. It's all about you and how you feel.
Retroactive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 1:06pm
If the existing mods forum were broken up, how would the existing threads be sorted?
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 2:44pm
If one has the will of "Sherlock" than they will have the ability to find just about every answer to any question they may have.  Sometimes it may involve a bit of digging but I have found that by using the search and FAQ tab I can come across any topic (that has thus far been covered) that I need or want to learn more about.  Keep up the great work you "SERVANTS" at the top.  It is a great way to lead.  Even the most influential Man who ever lived said "I came not to be served, but to serve, and to give My life as a ransom for many."  Realizing you cannot do the latter but to serve others is a very high calling.  Thanks
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Retroactive

If the existing mods forum were broken up, how would the existing threads be sorted?

Well, if I get stuck doing it

I mean, if I am blessed with the opportunity.....

Most likely - would leave all of the existing post in the newly named "Maintenance" and create additional forums of "Mods & Improvements" and "Repairs & Problems". GOING FORWARD, we could start posting in the appropriate forums. Nothing would be lost and everything could still be "searched", as it is now. We would be taking one broad topic and making 3 slightly more specific topics.

The only way I know to sort the old posts would be to look at all 26,000 post and move them - one at a time. Not appealing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>