R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNo Complaints!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Complaints!
    Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 9:34am
Having read a number of threads documenting myriad problems with R-pod's, I thought I would give ours a report card.

2013 R177-  It must have been built on a Wednesday morning by a crew who had a nourishing breakfast, and finished after a very satisfying lunch break.  After learning how to use the Dometic fridge-  (Pre-chill on AC overnight prior to departure, switching to battery for the trip and back to AC at the campsite), and correcting the water heater valves that had been left in bypass, we have had absolutely no leaks, no fiberglass cracks or crazing, no soggy floors, no construction trash left behind any panels, etc., etc.

Our sole (constructive) criticism concerns the athwartship queen bunk.  How it can be shared by a couple is a mystery to me.  (Easily solved by making up the dinette, but if we ever upgrade it will be to a trailer with fore-and aft arrangements.  I do enjoy sleeping with my wife....)

Overall, we think our 177 has pretty much everything we need, and nothing we do not.  Thumbs up to FR on this nice little trailer!
Bob and Joyce
Jennifer and Baxter, the Campin' Cocker Spaniels
RP 177 "Key Pod"
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT / Z71
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 9:48am
Always nice to see the positive reviews every now and then.  Too few of us will make a post about how well our own Pods have performed or held up over the years.

Thumbs Up
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 1:52pm
As I posted in the past, we all purchased our Pods when daily production was 1/3 of what it is today.  Our 2013 is solid as a rock.  No problems.  I wonder how much of that can be attributed to the slower production rate as well as a very capable delivering dealer.  Something to ponder.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 2:01pm
A lot of it could have been the dealer. Our dealer didn't like the looks of some of the trim pieces, so they ordered new ones before we took delivery. I got a call today that they've come in.
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 4:42pm
Bob and Joyce.  Great to hear how pleased you have been with your 177.  We ordered our 177 in January 2011 and picked it up the first of March.  Like you we have been blessed with a great unit with zero problems except for 2 that were owner screw-ups.   #1  Forgetting to open the bypass and frying the hot water element - my cost to fix - $ 19.00.  #2  Boondocking on our property on Lake Michigan near Manistique (UP) Michigan and nearly tearing off the two rear stabilizers.  Bent them back and have lived with wobbly stabilizers since until a month ago, ordered two new ones at a cost of $ 85.00 on Amazon.  So apart from those two mis-haps, we are very pleased, like you.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 4:57pm
Agree about the bed! But really enjoy our pod!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 5:08pm
We have a 2012 177. We've had a spider crack fixed, door out of square, and door lock replaced. All fixed under warranty with absolutely no problems from FR or our dealer (Travel-Mor of Ottawa) I agree totally with camper bob.. Its your dealer who 98% of the time who makes or breaks how you feel about your pod.   And I 100% going to trade (if I do) for another trailer with Travel-Mor.
Ron & Shirley
2020 Tacoma
2012 177 rpod
sailor323 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 9:41pm
We have put over 7000 miles on our 2016 179 since we bought it in June 2015.  We have had no problems with it to date.  We've driven on some of the most incredibly poor roads in Mexico, we've put up with wind and rain in Florida.  The only real problem we've had is that the gasket around the slide out was improperly installed, something that we noticed within days of taking possession.  Maybe we'll get it fixed when we get home.  Our only complaint has been the lack of 12V plugs.  We've installed them ourselves.
RVCouple View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 2:21pm
No complaints here either. Bought a new 179 back in October, 2015 and only used it for 3 nights on the way home from the dealer. With only the bare essentials for camping, that was not a true test so couldn't wait for spring to really try it out. Have now had it out for a longer camping experience and found no real problems even after camping through torrential rains. Everything seems to work well. Our only concern is that the water doesn't get as hot as I would like.
2016 R-Pod 179
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by RVCouple

Our only concern is that the water doesn't get as hot as I would like.

Most warm hot water problems are due to the water heater bypass valves being set incorrectly. New Pods usually come  set that way for some reason. Check that the two outer valves are open (handles parallel to the pipes) and the middle valve is closed (perpendicular to the pipe). The WH heats to 130F which is very hot. For faster recovery the WH can run on propane and electricity simultaneously.
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>