R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew axle system for rpod?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New axle system for rpod?
    Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 10:35am
The new RPods with the higher pitched axle went into production from the Dallas Oregon Plant in late August of 2015, a week or so later they went into production at the Goshen Indiana plant.

If your R-Pod has a late August 2015 or beyond build date then it has the higher pitched axle.  However to even more easily confirm if your RPod has the yellow front jack flip foot on it, it is part of the 2015 changes to the RPod line and will have the new axle as well as the different slideout and the other 2015 change features.

And per my discussion with Forest River yesterday the addition of risers to a newer high pitched axle does not Void any warranty.  I will speak with them again today to confirm for a second time so that we can 100% put this question to rest though.

Will follow up later today.
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 10:36am
Originally posted by StephenH

Mine was manufactured 5/15/2015. It still has the riser blocks. They are obvious. If you don't see blocks, then you have the new axle.

Seeing risers or not wouldn't be a good indication, many RPods produced from the Goshen Indiana plant do not always have risers on them.  Which could be misleading to use that as your visual clue.
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 11:17am
Thanks for the correction. My remark was meant to be teamed with the other information on manufacture date regarding the new axle, not independently thereof.

What changes were made in the slide-out?

Mine was manufactured in May, yet was sold to me as a 2016. It lacked the yellow flip foot and the undermount stainless steel sink. It has the 2016 color scheme. I did not know about slide-out changes.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 11:28am
Originally posted by StephenH

Thanks for the correction. My remark was meant to be teamed with the other information on manufacture date regarding the new axle, not independently thereof.

What changes were made in the slide-out?

Mine was manufactured in May, yet was sold to me as a 2016. It lacked the yellow flip foot and the undermount stainless steel sink. It has the 2016 color scheme. I did not know about slide-out changes.

Unless you own a 179 you have what's known as an above floor slidout.  It's one track there on the floor that pulls the slide in and out.  Along with the late 2015 Fall changes they changed all RPods over to the new slidout, which is an in wall system, it has 2 tracks on each side of the slide to pull it in and out.
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 2:42pm
Okay. I have the new slide-out as we do have a 179 with the 2 tracks on each side.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
johnmaci View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 8:26am
Originally posted by kymooses

The new RPods with the higher pitched axle went into production from the Dallas Oregon Plant in late August of 2015, a week or so later they went into production at the Goshen Indiana plant.

If your R-Pod has a late August 2015 or beyond build date then it has the higher pitched axle.  However to even more easily confirm if your RPod has the yellow front jack flip foot on it, it is part of the 2015 changes to the RPod line and will have the new axle as well as the different slideout and the other 2015 change features.

And per my discussion with Forest River yesterday the addition of risers to a newer high pitched axle does not Void any warranty.  I will speak with them again today to confirm for a second time so that we can 100% put this question to rest though.

Will follow up later today.

I apologize for bringing up an older post, but can you explain what a higher pitched axle means?
I've Googled it and find nothing.

Thx
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 9:00am
Higher pitched axle means that the angle of the arm on the axle that holds the hub and brake assembly (and with it, the wheel and tire) is set so that the axle is higher up than that of the old axle. On mine (old axle), the angle is such that if you look at it from the side, the hubs are higher than the line of the axle. Mine has the riser blocks to help give more ground clearance. The newer axle is such that when you look at it from the side, the hubs are lower than the line of the axle. These give almost as much boost in height as the risers with the old axle. It is kind of like (looking from the door side) this: Old axle's arm \ New axle's arm /. See this link to Dexter's Torflex for a picture. That will help. See the bottom where it has "Ride Height." Pitch angles are available from 45 degrees down to 22.5 degrees up, which is the angle of the arm in relationship to the axle.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
johnmaci View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 2:06pm
Got it. Thanks for the explanation......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123