Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Nomads (full-timing)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nomads (full-timing)
    Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 7:45pm
Ditto! I am always interested in the full timer info and tips.
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Don Halas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Don Halas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 7:45am
Thanks again.

I'm currently 58. Hoping when retirement occurs we still have the Pod and plan on taking a 6-12 month tour of U.S. and Canada.

When that's over the plan is to upgrade to a 5th wheel and use it in two or three sites a year.

Leo B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 8:14am
I am 56, been retired for 6 years, waiting for the grand kids to get a little older, then we are pretty much planning the same thing. Planning to purchase one lot north ( Vermont ) and one south (North Carolina or below) and our yearly trip for October to Cape Hatteras.
We also plan to get a fifth wheel or large RV after our US trip, to settle into and bring back and forth.
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
birderdiane526 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote birderdiane526 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 7:54am
My husband and I are full-time in a Teardrop (considering an rpod). Our apartment lease ended March 2015, we sold or donated everything and hit the road. Without a sticks & bricks home, we needed to establish a domicile.   Texas, Florida, and South Dakota have been the 3 favorable states for this. We joined the Escapees RV Club where we signed up for their mail forwarding service, and they in turn gave us a physical address. Escapees is located in all 3 states. We registered our vehicles and trailer in Texas, registered to vote, got health insurance, got car insurance, etc. Domicile = "intent to locate there in the future", although there is no obligation to do so". It has worked out beautifully.

If you need further info, contact me or Escapees or me!

Diane and Michael
2016 179 "PIP" (PODDING IN PARADISE)
2007 Toyota Tundra
BLOG:Podding in Paradise,
birderdiane526.blogspot.com
Leo B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 8:52am
Sounds like a blast! A lot of great info. We are looking forward to full-timing for a while as soon as our grand kids get a little older.
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Inge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Inge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 1:38am
We just started being full time travelers in an rpod. We're in the US in the moment but will also go to Central and South America. Our first month of traveling is already accomplished. We were in Oregon and  a bit in California. Canada is next.

"Bommel" - r-pod 182 G
" Franzi"   - Toyota Tundra 2007

http://blog.picturingtheamericas.com
Leo B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 7:32am
Sounds great! A lot of really good info!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Lefty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 8:33am
Another really good fulltiming site is interstellarorchard.com.
Pat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 9:09pm
Was the septic etc. Very costly? We have three acres in FL and five acres in MI and were thinking the same thing.

Pat
Neserk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neserk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 9:44pm
Sounds exciting!   I've seen a YouTube video of a couple who are living in an R-Pod (in their case they are newlyweds and pretty young).  There are also blogs out there of a couple who are full time travelers.   You might want to see what you can find on their sites.   I just ran into one (blog) but didn't mark it, so I can't give you the link. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>