R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTowing - Event Date: 05 Feb 2016 - 24 Feb 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Towing
    Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 2:42pm
I know this must be on here somewhere but it may take me a bit to find it.  What are people towing the 176T with?  We have a 2012 Pathfinder.  Its supposed to do 6,000.  I'm just wondering if people have similar situations and whether or not you've done things to make for an easier tow.

Marco T View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 5:13pm
We tried once (home from the dealership) with a Sienna (3500lb towing capacity), but quickly decided to upgrade to something larger.  We ended up with a 2011 Dodge Durango with a 7200lb towing capacity and it is more than enough for a family of five and the 176t.  You should be fine with the Pathfinder and 6000lb capacity.  Does it have the factory tow package?  You will probably also want the weight distribution hitch if you don't already have one.  A sway bar might come in handy, too, if the Pathfinder doesn't have anti-sway built-in.  If you're not sure, just do some conservative math with your weights and make sure you are under the trailer load limit (about 1100lbs), your GVWR, and your GCWR, which is the combined weight of everything.  I think the Pathfinder is over 11000lbs so with the weight of the vehicle and trailer (~4600lbs + ~2700lbs) that leaves you over 3000lbs for people and other stuff.  Lots of headroom!

Have fun!

Mark
The Tri-podders
2011 Dodge Durango Citadel - 5.7L Hemi
2015 R-pod 176T
 Post Reply Post Reply