R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJensen tv and stereo in a 179 - Event Date: 26 Dec 2015 - 26 Aug 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Jensen tv and stereo in a 179
    Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 5:43pm
Thanks for asking the question. I had the same problem last fall and could not find the answer! When I get the pod out of winter storage I will have to give the "AV" a try.
Captiankd View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 10:03pm
We have a new 2015 RP 171. We have been trying to watch a DVD. It was working fine, I had the source set to AV. Then all of a sudden I am getting a " no signal" message on the TV screen. DVD is playing because I can hear the sound through the speakers, but nothing on TV. I have unplugged and reset everything but I get the no signal message. No sound or video from tv while trying to play a dvd.

Westgl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 3:14pm
Are the TVs in the 179s 12volt or 120volt as I have a 24" 120volt TV  
2010 RAV4 V6
2017 RPOD 179 Hood River Edition
Dual 6 volt Batts
Dual propane Tanks
Batt Disconnect
Bed leg extension
Dinette modification
Renogy 100w solar
Motorcycles several currently
bjk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 1:31am
I purchased an early 2016 R-179 and it was a 120V TV.
2016 HRE R-179 "CapPODccino"
2011 F-150 SLX
PodDexter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 8:17pm
Our 2016 R179 had the RCA cables (red, white, yellow) incorrectly connected to the ports on the back of TV. Once corrected, able to get sound and vid working on TV.
Captiankd View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 9:36pm
Captiankd View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 10:04pm
I found the problem to my DVDs video problem. They run RCA cables from the DVDs player to the connector plate on the wall next to the tv. Then they have another set of RCA cables running from  the front of the connector plate to the TV. Well, the yellow end on the cable connected to the back of the plate is bad from hanging at 90%. Why don't they just run one cable from the dvd to the TV. They have set up to many connections. I really have a lemon on my hands. Frig out from the first day. We are on a 46 day trip and no frig. Main power board is out. Plus a long list of bad workmanship. Could be a law suit in my future after we return to Tampa. Moral and Morgan are for the People.

Beachguysc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 8:52pm
Used our rpod 182 for the first time this weekend. Had a great time. We didn't really watch much tv, but when we did, you couldn't hear it over the AC through tv speaker. There were 2 cords in the drawer that came with the trailer. one a 3 prong rca male on both ends and the other a female red and white with a audio plug that fits the front of the Jensen accessory jack. So I strung cords together, plugged the male red/white into the female red/red white. One end in the tv red white(with yellow dangling free) and then the small audio plug into the Jensen. Turned off the tv speaker and now I have some semblance of stereo for the tv. Now just to upgrade those little white 6 inch speaker in the ceiling. They are really cheap. The garage speakers are actually pretty good. In fact, with the garage closed. It sort of acts like a bass box for the interior
----Any suggestions for better interior speakers without having to cut anything? Just a simple switch out and maybe a few new screw holes is about all I care to do. I don't care if it hangs down a little lower, because the lights and the AC already do that anyway.
--also, there is an hdmi cable dangling down behind the tv. Is that for the dvd part of the Jensen?
PodDexter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 10:19pm
Our DVD video goes from Jensen to TV on the wire with yellow RCA plug. HDMI would allow connecting a laptop to TV (change source to HDMI on TV menu). Our pod did not have HDMI cable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12