Topic ClosedAnother New Rpod Owner - Event Date: 19 Oct 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Another New Rpod Owner
    Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 11:50am
Howdy all,  just wanted to introduce myself and let everybody know how glad I am that there is a forum for the rpod.  I have been checking this place out since I caught the rpod bug last spring and have picked up a lot of good info. 

My name is Rod and my wife is Lani.  We live in Southeastern Utah.  For fun I play acoustic music on the weekends around southern Utah and western Colorado.

I was at first interested in the 178 and then started leaning toward the 179.  There was only one thing that kept coming up as an issue to my wife.  The wet bath.  Even after all the conversations about only going camping in it and so on, she just couldn't get past it.  Since we weren't interested in a garage model, it was a deal breaker.  The sales people told us that a new floor plan was coming in the fall so we waited to see that.

I took delivery of a 180 last Saturday.  My wife took one look at the bathroom and said "now that's what I am talking about".  We happened to be where we could look at one and they happened to have 3 that had just come in so she got to pick the color she liked and the rest is history.  We don't have kids or grand kids so the trailer for 2 was perfect for us.
I got some good towing experience bringing it home as the dealer is 200 miles away.  I had wind and rain and it towed just fine behind my 4 door Tacoma.  We will be going camping this coming weekend to give it a shakedown.  We are just stoked about it and can't wait!  Star
2016 180 HRE
2014 Tacoma
Taylor 210 CSE
Bose L1 Model II
2008 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic
Rovingjh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:49pm
Congratulations!  We picked up Or first r-pod (178) in SouthFork, Co last Saturday and then vacationed in Moab for a week. We love Utah!
fwunder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 5:05pm
Congrats and welcome! Can't wait to see some 180 mods showing up.

We are very happy with our 178. The large dinette is huge for us. We've become adept at using the wet bath and both of us use it every night while camping. A quick wipe down after with a microfiber towel and we've had no problems. I will admit, however,  that it is a bit of a squeeze for the both of us...at the same time. Big smile

fred
2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
Rockin the Pod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 6:23pm
Congratulations on your rpod!  We live just 30 miles out of Moab and just love it down here.  I may have seen your rpod!  I have been really paying attention to them since I decided that I really wanted one.

2016 180 HRE
2014 Tacoma
Taylor 210 CSE
Bose L1 Model II
Rockin the Pod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 6:28pm
I am sure we will be getting into some mods along the way.  I will be sure and post what we do.  Giving up the large dinette was a concern for me.  It looked like it would really be useful but my wife is somewhat claustrophobic and just couldn't handle it.  Thanks for the tip about the microfiber towel.  It will be handy to wipe down the shower stall.  Sounds like you two have got it figured out!  Big smile
2016 180 HRE
2014 Tacoma
Taylor 210 CSE
Bose L1 Model II
 Post Reply Post Reply