Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Changes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Changes
    Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 1:01pm
I am ordering a new rpod 178 for the spring of 2016. I was informed that Forest River has made some changes. They have discontinued the colors java and pebble. They have replaced it with latte and sea glass. The color slate will remain. Also there will be a under counter mount stainless steel sink with a flush sink cover. Also there is no more riser option. They have made a 3inch axle adjustment. They have added new marker lights on the fenders. Last there is a flip toe on the front jack stand.
fleurdenola View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 4:39pm
I am trying to get some more information from an axle perspective on the 2016 179 I am looking at purchasing.  It's on a dealer lot right now and does have the stainless steel under-mount sink with the flush sink cover you mention.  What I can't figure out is, does it have the new axle? Does anyone know how to determine if it does vs. if it has the old axle and I will need to install risers?

I did find a post on the rPod by Forest River Facebook page from November 3 that talks about this very axle change, but someone asked if it's on ALL 2016 models, or only certain ones and received no reply.
Florida View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 5:33pm
Look at the Winnebago drop . Looks like the rpod but way cooler exterior colors.
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by fleurdenola

I am trying to get some more information from an axle perspective on the 2016 179 I am looking at purchasing.  It's on a dealer lot right now and does have the stainless steel under-mount sink with the flush sink cover you mention.  What I can't figure out is, does it have the new axle? Does anyone know how to determine if it does vs. if it has the old axle and I will need to install risers?

I did find a post on the rPod by Forest River Facebook page from November 3 that talks about this very axle change, but someone asked if it's on ALL 2016 models, or only certain ones and received no reply.

If it has the other new features it also has the new axle you are good to go!
SaucyWench View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 10:10pm
Florida, I just looked at the Winnebago Drop brochure for their 1780WD, layout is exactly the same as the RP178 we'll be picking up Friday! Even though it looks like it weighs more and has less water capacity, and the table is a different shape, I smell lawsuit!! They even used the same number, just added a 0!
podvader View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 11:53am
Anyone hear anything else yet on the metal garage counter?  Every 2016 I see on the internet still has the old garage layout.  Dying to see this on a 183g.
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 10:19pm
My 2016 R-179 seems to be a hybrid of old and new. It has many of the new features (risers, colors), but retains old features such as the top-mount sink and lacks the flip foot. Although it was sold to me as a 2016, the factory states that the serial number is 400 short of getting the flip foot (and, I presume, the stainless steel sink).

I am somewhat disappointed  to find out that I actually purchased a 2015 1/2 model and not a full 2016 model. Unfortunately, I did not see the 2016 brochure until after we picked up our R-Pod in December. It isn't as if we could have waited though, as we had a trip planned and a deadline to get this in order to be ready to make that trip. Other than lacking those two items, it is a very nice trailer, and I am overall pleased. Now that I have made some mods, I like it even better.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 8:54am
Originally posted by StephenH

My 2016 R-179 seems to be a hybrid of old and new. It has many of the new features (risers, colors), but retains old features such as the top-mount sink and lacks the flip foot. Although it was sold to me as a 2016, the factory states that the serial number is 400 short of getting the flip foot (and, I presume, the stainless steel sink).

I am somewhat disappointed  to find out that I actually purchased a 2015 1/2 model and not a full 2016 model. Unfortunately, I did not see the 2016 brochure until after we picked up our R-Pod in December. It isn't as if we could have waited though, as we had a trip planned and a deadline to get this in order to be ready to make that trip. Other than lacking those two items, it is a very nice trailer, and I am overall pleased. Now that I have made some mods, I like it even better.

You know this now, but I will reiterate for future readers. Unlike cars, in RV's of all types and models, the "year model" and "model changes" don't happen at the same time. I don't know why not, my guess is seasonal lag in the end user matrix.. But it happens. Kymooses and us both have 2011's, but there are lots of difference between them, including outside color and graphics. Odd but true. (ours is a better floor plan though.. LOL)
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 9:46am
We did end up installing a Husky Brute flip foot. It isn't the automatic flip-up, but it works. However, the way our driveway slopes, I have to use it flipped up with a wood block, so it would not be good for taking a picture at this point. It was easy to install as all the holes were there in the right places to just slide it on and bolt it in place.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/husky-brute-super-foot/71259

I may shorten the extension tube by a few inches to make it more suitable for my needs, but that will be one of those "round tuit" projects. Smile
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
TexanBorn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 4:18am
The dealer where I found my 179 is right next to a dealer with the Winnie Drops.  It took me about 15 seconds to see the major Drop problem and did not even ask to see the inside.  The Drop spare tire is stored underneath and at the back of the trailer, it is the low point of the entire rig.  I can just see the edge of the tire being abused by steep entry ways.  I DROPPED that Droplet idea rather quickly and went right back to the Pod.  

The 2015 1/2 does still have the porcelain sink in the kitchen. (It was the display model in the dealership) The 2016 I settled on has the below sink aluminum and it makes a HUGE difference in available counterspace.  That being said, it was not a deal breaker for me if it had remained the same as ther is still a lot of that precious real estate in the 179.

My dealer only had one upholstery option on the lot, but I am not that particular as I will be adding my own personal touches to what is already there. I AM looking at other mattress options as the bed is where I will actually be spending the MOST time when I am panning and it must be comfortable all night long!
Angela Transplanted Texan 🌪➡️☃
First Time Trailer Owner, RP179, long time tent camper.⛺️
2016 Dodge 1500 Laramie 💞
Gold Panner, Horseback Rider🐎 JRT Owner🐶 Wife💍, Mother 👨‍Oma
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>