R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDIY Sewer Hose Storage Install - Event Date: 06 Sep 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
WillThrill View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: DIY Sewer Hose Storage Install
    Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by mcclurey

I want to attach a 5" square plastic fence post under my 179 that runs the width of the trailer for sewer hose storage. Has anyone done the same and most importantly how did you attach to the rv frame beams? I'm concerned about drilling any holes in beams to attach. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rather than use a fence post, I used a sewer hose storage tube from Camping World. It was about $20 on sale.

To attach it, I simply used long zip ties. They weren't long enough to go all the way around the frame, so I snapped a couple together and then attached the tube to those with a third zip tie. It has worked perfectly well, and after many miles of driving, the zip ties have not budged. I might need to replace them several years from now, but I doubt it. I got them tight enough that they aren't moving much at all, and good zip ties are very strong. It took about 10 minutes.
"Not all those who wander are lost." Tolkien

2014 Hood River 177
2005 GMC Envoy XL
mcclurey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 4:33pm
This is great information as this is what I had in mind. I think... If I interpret correctly you drilled a larger hole in bottom of fence post so you could then reach through and drill a small tap hole into beam and place a stainless steel screw with washer. One on each end or two screws on each end?
Missouri Matt

Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 2:01pm
Nice!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Q7-retired View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 1:41pm
I did this mod, and it turned out very well.  I found that the front-to-back box beams that form the structure of the R-pod) are very hard steel.  I broke at least two drill bits, though that could have been from not drilling straight as I laid under the frame.  I used stainless steel hardware throughout.  To mount the tubes into the frame, I drilled larger holes in the bottom and screwed upward with a long screwdriver, retaining the tube with screws and washers.  A couple of pictures attached; please let me know if you need more information.

Best regards, Jim
2015-RP178
TV 2015 Audi Q7 TDI and 2017 Ford F150
At home in "Our Pod"
mcclurey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 1:13pm
I want to attach a 5" square plastic fence post under my 179 that runs the width of the trailer for sewer hose storage. Has anyone done the same and most importantly how did you attach to the rv frame beams? I'm concerned about drilling any holes in beams to attach. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Missouri Matt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12