R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOperation of TV/CD Jensen AWM968

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
landshark View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Operation of TV/CD Jensen AWM968
    Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 11:00pm
thanks for the info, discovered I have to hold the button down for a few seconds on the control panel to get it into CD  mode.  As for the wiring of the 12 v plug that will be on our todo list, have a few inverters laying around.  cheers. 
Bob
jstrenn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 6:01pm
Your 1st mod will have to be adding a 12V socket.  I am going to do that before our next trip.  Then you will just have to buy a 120V power inverter.  I plan on just buying a Harbor Freight 200 watt one for about $30 or so.

Not sure about the CD, I only play DVD's in mine not sure if it plays CD's or not.  You may want to make sure it is capable of  playing CD's and if so the CD is formatted correctly for the player.
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 5:58pm
Welcome to the group! Congrats on your pod!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
landshark View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 5:41pm
We just got our 2015 Pod 171 Hood River Edition last week. Had to travel long way back home so did not go over some of the finer points with the dealer, so hopefully this forum can help us.

1.  How do you get the TV TO WORK when dry camping?
2.  We can not get the CD to work, error message no disc' I removed the unit to ensure the factory screw had been removed, it had, I hit the reset button, still nothing.  Radio works fine.

I dropped into another Forest River Dealer on the way home, and got little help, they said TV likely would need an inverter to run off the battery.  There are no "cigarette" plug in's in the Pod.  What is the most popular way to power the TV?  Unfortunetly we had not tested the Jesen Unit when connected to 110 shore power.

Thanks for any help, we moved up from being owners of a Teardrop trailer to the 171.  So far we like it and are learning lots of tips from this forum.

Bob and Leah

Prince Rupert BC
 Post Reply Post Reply