R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCheck Your Windows!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check Your Windows!
    Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 9:34pm
I just check my rear window, and it's the same. No caulk along the bottom, which is normal. But the water leak reminded me that we just filled up our tank last week for the first time and had water filling up the interior of the pod! Found that out by seeing water drain out the aft corner of the pod while we were filling. Caused by interior fill hose clamps not properly fastened. I alternate between being really happy about the pod, and pulling my hair out at the poor quality control.
Gavin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Keith-N-Dar

Originally posted by furpod

I am glad he finally told us what he bought.. the insight is handy.. He bought a poorly made square box, that is 10 feet longer then a pod. So, my guess is his wife liked the cute little pod, he couldn't talk her out of it, and so acted like a little kid until he convinced her that he was "right" and traded for the bigger everything Coachman. I certainly hope it works out for them, but doubt it.

The fact that he keeps coming back to check the thread and hurl insults at satisfied owners also tells us a lot. People who have had their pods 5-6 years, didn't just drink the kool-aid. But owners who refuse to have issues repaired for free, that are relatively minor, points to either buyers remorse, or psychosis.

Gavin, I hope your Coachman is better then my buddies. In 4 years of ownership, his spent a year at the dealer. In the end he practically gave it away because it was such trash, and that was after Coachman replaced the complete slide once, and the second one was rotting off the trailer when he sold it. The roof leaked in 5-6 places, the doors literally quit working at one point, and one of the sidewalls didn't just delaminate, it split open. And that's just some of the issues he had.

Furpod, i just wonder why he would feel the need to offer the list advice.  As poorly as he has handled this who reallly cares what he thinks.

Keithy LOL still no problems out of it and I also have a walk in bathroom...nicer than a tiny wet bath.
 Still no leaks anywhere...windows are well caulked while its only 24 feet long, we have plenty of room and cabinet space. Everything works like it should! 40 gallons of fresh black and gray.
 I have not had the need to have any warranty work done...none, repeat, none.
 LOL it might be a box but what is aesthetics when it sells for the same price but with no leaks,  shoddy fixtures, star cracks and busted leaf springs.

While I now pull with a diesel, I dont have to worry about going over a mountain top with an anemic gasser which will eventually tear the transmission up. 

In retrospect I would have been better off with a popup...cheaper, lighter and easier to pull with a gasser at the fraction of the cost.
 While the r-pop is eye-candy, there still remains far better deals out there for those who can emotionally detach themselves from their mistake in buying the r-pod. The same money invested in an r-pod can buy far better campers with better room .
 At the rate Forest River is going with this junky line, they will have to add flashing marquee lights and lots of chrome to lure folks in...really pimp them out on the exterior to sell them.
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 8:47pm
Hi Gavin,
I am glad you are having great success with your Coachman with no issues.  Hopefully you can tell me the same in 5 years.  We are now on our 6th year of ownership with our 177 and like you, we are very happy with it and like you, no issues, no problems, no warranty work.  However, you are 5 years behind me and about 18,000 - 19,000 miles behind.  So when you get to where I am now, I hope you can "boast" like I do now about how wonderful your TT is.  Happy travels to you.  Be safe.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Gavin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 9:02pm
Hi Jato,
 Good point! So far I have taken it as much and as far as the r-pod with no issues thus far. The day it left the lot I was ahead of the game than when the rpod left the lot...Im sure some folks get a good rpod, but many dont and some within this forum will never admit that they ever had problems but would rather bark out remarks because they have to defend spending all that money on an often questionable product.
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 9:12pm
Hi Gavin,

I do believe there are more pod owners than you know that are happy with their purchase.  As is with human nature, we tend to be complainers.  If something goes wrong, we want the world to know about it.  lf all is going well, then, life goes on (because we feel entitled to having things go our way) and nothing is said because nothing is wrong.  I know that is true for me.  Unfortunately I don't tell others when things are going well, normally only when things aren't.  I work as a golf course superintendent over 54 holes of golf.  When everything is great, I hear a few compliments from golfers but rarely from the owners.  Yet if something isn't right, I will hear about it almost immediately from the owners, whereas the golfers tend to be more forgiving.  I am sure you probably see the same.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Gavin

Originally posted by Keith-N-Dar

Originally posted by furpod

I am glad he finally told us what he bought.. the insight is handy.. He bought a poorly made square box, that is 10 feet longer then a pod. So, my guess is his wife liked the cute little pod, he couldn't talk her out of it, and so acted like a little kid until he convinced her that he was "right" and traded for the bigger everything Coachman. I certainly hope it works out for them, but doubt it.

The fact that he keeps coming back to check the thread and hurl insults at satisfied owners also tells us a lot. People who have had their pods 5-6 years, didn't just drink the kool-aid. But owners who refuse to have issues repaired for free, that are relatively minor, points to either buyers remorse, or psychosis.

Gavin, I hope your Coachman is better then my buddies. In 4 years of ownership, his spent a year at the dealer. In the end he practically gave it away because it was such trash, and that was after Coachman replaced the complete slide once, and the second one was rotting off the trailer when he sold it. The roof leaked in 5-6 places, the doors literally quit working at one point, and one of the sidewalls didn't just delaminate, it split open. And that's just some of the issues he had.

Furpod, i just wonder why he would feel the need to offer the list advice.  As poorly as he has handled this who reallly cares what he thinks.

Keithy LOL still no problems out of it and I also have a walk in bathroom...nicer than a tiny wet bath.
 Still no leaks anywhere...windows are well caulked while its only 24 feet long, we have plenty of room and cabinet space. Everything works like it should! 40 gallons of fresh black and gray.
 I have not had the need to have any warranty work done...none, repeat, none.
 LOL it might be a box but what is aesthetics when it sells for the same price but with no leaks,  shoddy fixtures, star cracks and busted leaf springs.

While I now pull with a diesel, I dont have to worry about going over a mountain top with an anemic gasser which will eventually tear the transmission up. 

In retrospect I would have been better off with a popup...cheaper, lighter and easier to pull with a gasser at the fraction of the cost.
 While the r-pop is eye-candy, there still remains far better deals out there for those who can emotionally detach themselves from their mistake in buying the r-pod. The same money invested in an r-pod can buy far better campers with better room .
 At the rate Forest River is going with this junky line, they will have to add flashing marquee lights and lots of chrome to lure folks in...really pimp them out on the exterior to sell them.

LOL.. so REALLY what was wrong with the pod for you and what you point out here, is it was to small.. You know, the exact same size it was when you bought it. Not like it shrunk when it got wet in the rain..

As far as cost.. I SERIOUSLY doubt you got that coachman for substantially less then I bought our pod for, it's OK. The Pod is still the number one selling TT under 20 feet in the USA. I can live with that.. And of course, I still, and most owners have not, needed any warranty work. 6th season in progress.. Wink

Retroactive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 11:04am
If the Rpod were so plagued, the sales would not be so high - It's as easy as that.  It seems rather a rather sloppy over generalization to call Rpods and emotional attachment.

Some dealers can barely keep them in stock, yet 90% of RV owners I know have never even heard of them - so it's hardly a purely emotional craze. The Rpod is universally popular because it was "the right idea, at the right time", it is popular with all age groups due to the unique socio-economic demographic at this time.  They have chosen their floorplans very wisely, ingenious flexibility that can work for many needs.  It seems to be extremely popular with Baby Boomers, with 10k of them retiring a day; it can work for those ready to "downsize" from bigger trailer, just as well as those who just need a place to crash while they are "finally able to do all that traveling they always wanted to do". It also seems to be popular in some regions with Gen-Y/Millenials; small and cheap with "party friendly" garage options, but still able to become a modest family TT if kids suddenly come into the picture. Most of my Gen-X peers are still stuck in the "bigger! better! more!" phase and have TT the sizes of houses, but for a lot of TT noobs like me with kids heading off to college$ in two years it is a very desirable option economically and maintenance wise.

You simply can not find a used Rpod on lots around here, when you do they want almost as much as a new one. If they were total sh*te then after almost 7 year there would be dozens of used ones on the lot for cheap money, I seem to remember used Ford Pintos for everywhere for about 1/10th of the original MSRP.
Gavin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 10:46pm
Furpod, same price and 24 foot long... but4300 lbs, you would eventually burn up that expedition transmission and probably with the r-pod too! LOL the rpod was ok in size for me but when I found out you could get far more size for the same dollar, with no leaks, then why not??? Sure Diesel is the way to go, but if you ask around while sipping the rpod koolaid you might find out that diesels are used a LOT to PULL campers, ask them if you dare and you will see most folks went from a gasser to a diesel after they overheated the transmission a few times and burned up the bands in them ( automatic) but Im sure you know all thatConfused
However I really doubt you really have a clue about much of anything, you called it a COACHMAN ,when I said it was made by DUTCHMAN....so you drinking the Flint Michigan water too? Whats next...you saw Bigfoot riding a Unicorn?
So in one post you berate it as cheap junk, yet in another post you essentially say it is far more expensive than an R-pod, so what is it? If its cheap junk but more expensive than an Rpod, where does that leave the rpod...is it a first-rate, second-rate camper?LOL
Thank you for the lesson in Schizophrenia

timpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Gavin

Furpod, same price and 24 foot long... but4300 lbs, you would eventually burn up that expedition transmission and probably with the r-pod too! LOL the rpod was ok in size for me but when I found out you could get far more size for the same dollar, with no leaks, then why not??? Sure Diesel is the way to go, but if you ask around while sipping the rpod koolaid you might find out that diesels are used a LOT to PULL campers, ask them if you dare and you will see most folks went from a gasser to a diesel after they overheated the transmission a few times and burned up the bands in them ( automatic) but Im sure you know all thatConfused
However I really doubt you really have a clue about much of anything, you called it a COACHMAN ,when I said it was made by DUTCHMAN....so you drinking the Flint Michigan water too? Whats next...you saw Bigfoot riding a Unicorn?
So in one post you berate it as cheap junk, yet in another post you essentially say it is far more expensive than an R-pod, so what is it? If its cheap junk but more expensive than an Rpod, where does that leave the rpod...is it a first-rate, second-rate camper?LOL
Thank you for the lesson in Schizophrenia

Ok, that's funny. Just made me think of a sailor, mocking the sea worthiness of his rival's boats, while not realizing his own is sinking underneath him.
2016 Pod 172
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Retroactive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 10:48am
He who can not make an argument without resorting to childish insults, betrays the fact that their thoughts are banal and perfunctory.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>