R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCheck Your Windows!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check Your Windows!
    Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 8:08pm
And one trip to your dealer would have fixed all of these, unless you had managed to alienate them as well.

I do hope you have better luck with your new purchase but I suspect you won't be happy with that purchase either.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 9:27pm
I guess I am luckier than most, our 2011 RP-172 never went back for any repairs after we purchased it. We went to the boat/rv show in Louisville Ky a couple of weeks ago and saw a couple we really liked , but the Pod is going to stay for a while longer. No Leaks, squeeks or any other problem, ohh except I did replace the hose between the LP Gas tank and the frame as it had an internal restriction that would not let gas flow properly.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
drhalvey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 8:36am
I have found chalk to be this R-Pod owners best friend :-)  Blessings!
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 11:00am
Originally posted by drhalvey

I have found chalk to be this R-Pod owners best friend :-)  Blessings!

Please expand on this. For what do you use chalk? Did you perhaps mean caulk?
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Gavin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 11:39am
Hi Keith,
 Dont lash out me with those troll-pod comments, because you drank that r-pod kool-aid!Tongue
 LOL, when Forest River has gotten done with you with their shoddy workmanship, you will probably be thinking that a walmart tent, a few air mattresses, a space heater, a portable air conditioner, camp stove and potable toilet would have been a wiser investment! At least all of that can fit in the trunk of a Corolla at the fraction of the price of lots of caulk and an R-pod! LOL
 But, dont worry about  those star cracks that nowadays appear to be popping upon those R-pods Confused

Still not a problem out of my Dutchman/ Coleman camper, calking is on all the windows and other areas and is far more roomier too! But best of all, still no warranty work to be done and it cost the same as that Lemon-pod I had!

If anyone is interested, look into the Dutchman/ Coleman 235 QB, its the same price as a r-pod and about twice the space too!

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Gavin

Hi Keith,
 Dont lash out me with those troll-pod comments, because you drank that r-pod kool-aid!Tongue
 LOL, when Forest River has gotten done with you with their shoddy workmanship, you will probably be thinking that a walmart tent, a few air mattresses, a space heater, a portable air conditioner, camp stove and potable toilet would have been a wiser investment! At least all of that can fit in the trunk of a Corolla at the fraction of the price of lots of caulk and an R-pod! LOL
 But, dont worry about  those star cracks that nowadays appear to be popping upon those R-pods Confused

Still not a problem out of my Dutchman/ Coleman camper, calking is on all the windows and other areas and is far more roomier too! But best of all, still no warranty work to be done and it cost the same as that Lemon-pod I had!

If anyone is interested, look into the Dutchman/ Coleman 235 QB, its the same price as a r-pod and about twice the space too!

LOL.. that is all, just LOL..

unless I start rolling on the floor.
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by furpod

Originally posted by Gavin

Hi Keith,

LOL.. that is all, just LOL..

unless I start rolling on the floor.

Gavin, if it makes you feel good to call me a troll I don't care. 
Keith-N-Dar
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 2:27pm
I am glad he finally told us what he bought.. the insight is handy.. He bought a poorly made square box, that is 10 feet longer then a pod. So, my guess is his wife liked the cute little pod, he couldn't talk her out of it, and so acted like a little kid until he convinced her that he was "right" and traded for the bigger everything Coachman. I certainly hope it works out for them, but doubt it.

The fact that he keeps coming back to check the thread and hurl insults at satisfied owners also tells us a lot. People who have had their pods 5-6 years, didn't just drink the kool-aid. But owners who refuse to have issues repaired for free, that are relatively minor, points to either buyers remorse, or psychosis.

Gavin, I hope your Coachman is better then my buddies. In 4 years of ownership, his spent a year at the dealer. In the end he practically gave it away because it was such trash, and that was after Coachman replaced the complete slide once, and the second one was rotting off the trailer when he sold it. The roof leaked in 5-6 places, the doors literally quit working at one point, and one of the sidewalls didn't just delaminate, it split open. And that's just some of the issues he had.
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by furpod

I am glad he finally told us what he bought.. the insight is handy.. He bought a poorly made square box, that is 10 feet longer then a pod. So, my guess is his wife liked the cute little pod, he couldn't talk her out of it, and so acted like a little kid until he convinced her that he was "right" and traded for the bigger everything Coachman. I certainly hope it works out for them, but doubt it.

The fact that he keeps coming back to check the thread and hurl insults at satisfied owners also tells us a lot. People who have had their pods 5-6 years, didn't just drink the kool-aid. But owners who refuse to have issues repaired for free, that are relatively minor, points to either buyers remorse, or psychosis.

Gavin, I hope your Coachman is better then my buddies. In 4 years of ownership, his spent a year at the dealer. In the end he practically gave it away because it was such trash, and that was after Coachman replaced the complete slide once, and the second one was rotting off the trailer when he sold it. The roof leaked in 5-6 places, the doors literally quit working at one point, and one of the sidewalls didn't just delaminate, it split open. And that's just some of the issues he had.

Furpod, i just wonder why he would feel the need to offer the list advice.  As poorly as he has handled this who reallly cares what he thinks.
Keith-N-Dar
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 10:46pm
Well Furpod, I guess that settles it !  You will NOT be bringing Gavin with you to the 2016 ERU in Traverse City, Michigan this summer, UNLESS GAVIN eventually realizes the errors of his ways AND if you can pick yourself off the floor from laughing too long.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>