R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCheck Your Windows!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check Your Windows!
    Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 8:47pm
Hi Gavin,
I am glad you are having great success with your Coachman with no issues.  Hopefully you can tell me the same in 5 years.  We are now on our 6th year of ownership with our 177 and like you, we are very happy with it and like you, no issues, no problems, no warranty work.  However, you are 5 years behind me and about 18,000 - 19,000 miles behind.  So when you get to where I am now, I hope you can "boast" like I do now about how wonderful your TT is.  Happy travels to you.  Be safe.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Gavin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Keith-N-Dar

Originally posted by furpod

I am glad he finally told us what he bought.. the insight is handy.. He bought a poorly made square box, that is 10 feet longer then a pod. So, my guess is his wife liked the cute little pod, he couldn't talk her out of it, and so acted like a little kid until he convinced her that he was "right" and traded for the bigger everything Coachman. I certainly hope it works out for them, but doubt it.

The fact that he keeps coming back to check the thread and hurl insults at satisfied owners also tells us a lot. People who have had their pods 5-6 years, didn't just drink the kool-aid. But owners who refuse to have issues repaired for free, that are relatively minor, points to either buyers remorse, or psychosis.

Gavin, I hope your Coachman is better then my buddies. In 4 years of ownership, his spent a year at the dealer. In the end he practically gave it away because it was such trash, and that was after Coachman replaced the complete slide once, and the second one was rotting off the trailer when he sold it. The roof leaked in 5-6 places, the doors literally quit working at one point, and one of the sidewalls didn't just delaminate, it split open. And that's just some of the issues he had.

Furpod, i just wonder why he would feel the need to offer the list advice.  As poorly as he has handled this who reallly cares what he thinks.

Keithy LOL still no problems out of it and I also have a walk in bathroom...nicer than a tiny wet bath.
 Still no leaks anywhere...windows are well caulked while its only 24 feet long, we have plenty of room and cabinet space. Everything works like it should! 40 gallons of fresh black and gray.
 I have not had the need to have any warranty work done...none, repeat, none.
 LOL it might be a box but what is aesthetics when it sells for the same price but with no leaks,  shoddy fixtures, star cracks and busted leaf springs.

While I now pull with a diesel, I dont have to worry about going over a mountain top with an anemic gasser which will eventually tear the transmission up. 

In retrospect I would have been better off with a popup...cheaper, lighter and easier to pull with a gasser at the fraction of the cost.
 While the r-pop is eye-candy, there still remains far better deals out there for those who can emotionally detach themselves from their mistake in buying the r-pod. The same money invested in an r-pod can buy far better campers with better room .
 At the rate Forest River is going with this junky line, they will have to add flashing marquee lights and lots of chrome to lure folks in...really pimp them out on the exterior to sell them.
timpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 9:34pm
I just check my rear window, and it's the same. No caulk along the bottom, which is normal. But the water leak reminded me that we just filled up our tank last week for the first time and had water filling up the interior of the pod! Found that out by seeing water drain out the aft corner of the pod while we were filling. Caused by interior fill hose clamps not properly fastened. I alternate between being really happy about the pod, and pulling my hair out at the poor quality control.
timpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 9:23pm
I don't remember how mine are, but it's common to only caulk the top and sides of windows so that water will drain out.
dinglebobbins View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 8:22pm
Hi. we picked up our new 177 a few weeks ago. Yesterday, we were loading gear into the trailer after a few good days or rain. Low and behold: a wet mattress, and considerable wetness and de-lamination of the plywood under the mattress. A little sleuthing found that the water was coming through the seal along the bottom edge of the back window.Exclamation
Looking at the window from the outside, we can see that there is caulk along the top and sides of the window, but not the bottom. Does anyone know if that is intentional?

Thanks,

Dionne and Garret
2016 177
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 10:35am
So far, our record was a trip, pretty local, 3 dayer, and on Saturday, we got +6" of rain. Friday and Sunday were beautiful. No leaks in the pod. The dome did either leak a bit, or sweat, temps were in the high 40's..
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 9:51pm
Vann, another one for the record books.  The day before we left we wanted to take old Fall River Road, a one-way road up through the mountains (dirt) with numerous switchbacks, no shoulder, severe drop offs, and not a drive for the timid!  Yes, rainy, and quite foggy, which suited my wife just fine as she couldn't see the full scope of the terror of driving on that road.  Anyway there were areas of that road that were getting pretty bad, glad we had 4 wheel drive, and we had to keep going ahead, no backing up or turning around.  We were probably one of the last to drive that road before they closed that down as well. Phew.  We do some stupid things in life. I better rephrase that as "I" do some stupid things.  Hopefully next time we are there we can do it on a sunny day. Great shot at St. Mary's.  We were wondering why we didn't see you as we always go through parks looking for other pods, but we were in Moraine.
God's pod
'11 model 177
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 9:26pm
I don't mean to hijack the thread-this is about INTENSE rain and no leaks and a reply to earlier posts by Jato and myself. specifically about the rain and floods in rocky Mountain National Park.

we were driving up to the park from Denver when it started raining. It rained all day as we arrived and set up the pod at Mary's Lake Campground.  It rained all night-intensely at times. the next day was still raining.  we decided to go hiking and sightseeing anyway-we were here and were determined to see the park.  well, we never saw anything over 9000 feet because everything  was in the clouds. and still raining. all day and all night. The third morning we decided to leave.  We derigged everything, hitched up the pod and started out.  We didn't get very far until a ranger stopped us and told us all roads were either washed out or closed. We were not able to leave. so we went back to the campground and set up everything again.  It looked like we might be there for an unknown time. so we filled up the water tank .  It was still raining.  We decided to go into Estes park and try to buy some additional groceries.  We got almost to the small town and found that there was a small river that crossed under the road.  the water was literally up to the bottom of the bridge.  We knew the water was only going to get higher because it was still raining. We got some basic groceries and returned to Mary's Lake Campground.  As we went back to the campground, we drove around a little to see what was happening.  It was unbelievable what the local rivers, creeks and even the drainage ditches were carving huge crevaces into the ground-flooding everything. We also discovered that Mary's Lake Campground was located at the base of Mary's Lake, right below the dam! If the dam broke or the lake overflowed, we were in the direct path of the water.  We were totally freaked out.
It was still raining.  We lost internet, then power. We were quite alarmed-no, we were scared, but couldn't go anywhere.
about 4 or 4:30 that afternoon the ranger came by the campground and told us that Trail Ridge Road was going to be opened by 5 pm but it would only be open for about an hour-it was to be closed again at dark.

We did the fastest tear down and hook up ever!!we got the pod secured and hitched to the truck and scrambled up the road.  as we passed the same bridge to Estes Park, we ran through about a foot of water over the bridge.  We were able to go up and over the highest road at about the slowest speed ever. As Jato said, there was no visibility, boulders everywhere, slow vehicles and RAIN. When we got to the top, there was sunshine on the western side.  We stopped and camped at Granby Lake l Forest Service campground on the flatlands west of RMNP.  That is where the photo in our signature was taken.

We were glad to be there!!We slept very well that night.

The R Pod NEVER leaked!!

Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
marwayne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 8:02pm
No I think I was two.

If you want something done right, do it yourself.
2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra 5.7 Litre, Ltd.

jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 7:47pm
WOW, you started when you were 4?  That is a lot of experience under your belt.  Thanks for sharing the photos!
God's pod
'11 model 177
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>