Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedslight rearrange for the 180

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: slight rearrange for the 180
    Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 2:36am
I know it's very new, but ........ we LOVE the idea of a bathroom with actual space in it! A useable sink!!!
We'd buy the 180 in a heartbeat, but there's just one problem:  it's a trailer for 2, and we have 3 people in our family.

My suggestion is simple:  swap the kitchen and dinette in the 180, so that the dinette is in the slide, and make it a bit bigger so that it's a usable bed for someone bigger than a toddler.  Like a teenager. 

I don't think dealers would be able to keep them in stock if rpods came like this!
WashStateNana View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 5:39pm
I agree with you - that's our situation exactly! I hope Forest River will catch on.

We're looking for a unit for the two of us traveling with our 8 yo granddaughter. We need a bed for her, and a table big enough for three people to eat or play a game. That full bath is awfully tempting, but oh that table.... I love the kitchen in the 179, but oh that bathroom.....

fwunder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 6:07pm
Forest River has been pretty creative with the usable floor space in the R-Pod line. Somebody will correct me, I'm sure,  but hasn't the frame remained the same for some time? Perhaps a little longer, but certainly not wider.

As soon as they decide to widen the frame over the wheels and/or intro dual axle, then floor plans will change dramatically. Personally, I would like to seem them go wider, lighter and more convertible. Compete with The Safari Condo. OK...here goes...Press a button on your dash, brake controller or smart phone and the Pod Flowers into a full hard sided beautiful camper before you even unhitch!!

Imagine the fuel savings (wind resistance) and the pop-up envy when it's driving rain and your pod Flowers into a full sized hard sided camper with a walk around queen bed, dry bath and 4-person dinette!! Another button deploys the Chrysalis (new name for R-Dome).

Fred
2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 7:24pm
Introducing, The Rose.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 11:29am
Any release date planned for the 180?
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
TriPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 1:11am
Okay having finally actually seen a 179 and discussed the 180 floor plan with a very friendly and knowledgeable r-pod dealer..... I revise my suggestion, because what I suggested is physically not possible without extending the trailer length.  And we like not having a massive trailer to tow!

So ........ just a couple of small revisions to the 180......... make the bathroom door one of those accordian-type folding ones to free up the swing room, which would enable a 4 person dinette/extra bed.  Voila.  Instant high sales family-friendly trailer.  :)    (The actual bathroom door and smaller dinette could be a floorplan option for those who still want it....)
kindell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 3:14am
I think the 179 fits the bill. 1 dinette that slides out and makes down to a bed and a queen at the end. Voila`.
Art & Kindell
Cooper the Super Dog
2017 Keystone Bullet 265
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1/2 ton

Former 2015 RPod 179
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 5:27pm
For sale topic moved to flea market.
GorgePod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 7:20pm
I think the plan for the 180 is great. I love the full bath in our 183. Having that is well worth it. I can take or leave the garage. It seems to be just a curiosity. The garage also prohibits the placement of the spare tire on the rear. I really like the idea of a fixed bed. The 183 uses a dinette.

I would like to see a couple of foot extension in the front. There is not really any good space on the Pod for the dome, generators, kayak, chairs, bikes, what have you. It would really be a useable addition. I go back and forth on if it should be large enough to hold a dirt bike or smaller motorcycle. The tongue weight might just be too much.

Oh, and I want a moonroof over the bed... Something you could watch the stars at night.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 8:46pm
There was one model with a large cargo extension on the front, but it was short-lived.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>