R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOutside mounted speakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outside mounted speakers
    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 7:47am
I've used the outside speakers while working on the 'Pod at home. As for while camping, the answer is no. We do use the outside light. Some of those campsites are dark. We have the amber light bulb and I don't add any additional outside lights. Some places look more like they are competing in a Christmas light decorating contest.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
1nana2many View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 8:23am
Originally posted by crw8sr

Is it just me?  Am I alone?  I abhor outdoor speakers, TV's and outdoor lights.  

It’s not just you. You are not alone. I am retired. My husband is not. I watch the news early in the morning, mostly to see the weather report, then shut the TV off. My husband is the opposite. Five minutes after he gets home, the TV is on. He needs background noise even if he’s not watching. I used to come home from work, when I worked days and he worked nights and he’d be out in the garage with the radio on...I’d come in the house and the TV was also on. No one else was living here at the time. 

In January this year, he had open heart surgery and was off work until the middle of March. After a few weeks, I told him that I wasn’t sure he was ever going to be allowed to retire if I had to listen to TV ALL THE TIME! He has become much more considerate of my low tolerance for constant noise. He wants to retire next year! Big smile He no longer wonders if I’m mad at him if I wonder off to my sewing machine or get out my iPad while he watches television...40+ years of marriage...you kind of get used to each other’s quirks. I can survive a few hours of his background noise and he understands I just need some silence sometimes.

The good thing is he agrees that we listen to the radio while driving, but not while camping. Once in a while we will throw a movie in the DVD player, but not often when camping. If in a busy campground, we can tolerate other people’s noise and just hope they will observe quiet time rules, but like others have mentioned, we choose remote, primitive camping over all the amenities more often then not. I would much rather hear the sound of a mountain stream rushing by then someone else’s choice of entertainment.

Now if that darned yard light the neighbors installed after moving to the country from the city would just burn out permanently! It wouldn’t be bad but it’s the second light they have! Apparently listening to the coyotes scared them.  I have resisted my strong desire to shoot it out for several years now...
The mountains are calling and we must go...O.D., Keith & Jody
2016 RP179= O.D. (Olive Drab)
2008 Coachman Captiva
1993 Jayco 1206 popup
2016 F150 Supercrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234