R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOutside mounted speakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outside mounted speakers
    Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 2:20pm
Thanks for the offer.  I greatly appreciate it.  Contacted the dealer and they are sending me a new pair.
Missouri Matt

Danielw1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:17pm
Has anyone else replaced exterior speakers with the pyramid 4"?
cjscinta View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 6:51am
Hey Fly Pod, Do you think these will work for replacing the interior speakers as well? How is the sound quality. The speakers inside the pod are bad. I would like to replace them but something low profile is needed otherwise you have to add spacer rings. There is a thread on the other forum regarding this. 
2017 R-pod 179
henryv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 6:59am
It's disappointing that a camper with good design has so many minor problems. I took a couple of days adjusting the screen door, had to take it off and drill new holes. Today I'm fixing a piece of trim on the interior and recaulking. The quality control department needs a wake up call for sure!
Subzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:32pm
One of my outside speakers wasn't working at the dealer on pickup day.  The tech pulled it off and found one of the connectors was loose and barely making contact, if any.  Simple stuff that could be avoided.
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 1:04pm
Agreed! It is like the outside porch light where the installer stripped one of the screws. Rather than put an anchor in, he/she drilled a third hole and added a third screw, providing another potential entry point for water if the caulking failed. The 110 outlet wasn't much better as only one end was securely attached. The other was quite loose as I could move the whole outlet by hand.

Fit and finish items are not something I go back to the dealer for though. The cost to tow it back was far greater than the cost of some simple materials to fix it myself. Paying a lot of money to get a "free" repair doesn't make sense, especially if it is something simple that I have the tools and capability to fix myself.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Subzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:47pm
Yup, I wish I wouldn't have pointed out the speaker not working at the dealer. We were ready to get out of there after our big walk-thru and the technician spent 30 minutes repairing it...couldn't break the speaker loose from the box for some reason, so he pulled off the whole assembly which broke the caulking seal. He fixed the wire, remounted the assembly, and first recaulked it with white caulk. White caulk didn't match the light grey trailer or the other speaker, so he searched and found some almond colored caulk. After cleaning the white caulk off the box (sort of), he again remounted the assembly and slopped on some almond colored caulk...which still doesn't really match the other speaker caulking. We were tired and ready to hit the road so we left....again, wish I would have not said anything. Also, the TV mount was such that it was hitting the wall when trying to close and therefore, wouldn't close completely. He had already spent about 30 minutes remounting the TV. Forest River QC.
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
Marchhall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 7:02pm
The sound quality of the speakers both inside and out suck. Plan on replacing both pairs after reading threads and FB to figure out what will fit and not be a huge project.
Danielw1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 11:14pm
I got the 4" pyramid speakers from amazon but haven't yet installed, waiting for a break in the rain. Looks like I will have to completely cut the caulking seal around the speaker surround to get at it.
Ron W View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 2:18pm
I recently bought a 2020 RPod190 and can not figure out how to get the outside speakers to work. The manual says nothing about this. It’s an furrion stereo. Anyone know how to turn the outside speakers off or on?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>