R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMain door latch sticks on new 178 - Event Date: 28 May 2015 - 01 Jun 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Main door latch sticks on new 178
    Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:03am
This may be really simple but I can't determine how to free up a very sticky latch on the door of our new RPod 178.  I have tried adjusting the moveable catching thingy on the door frame and that doesn't help.  It seems that the latch on the door itself is a little too long and or sharp and holds too tight.  I have not tried to open up the latch mechanism on the door itself.....
I can open it with fair amount of effort but my wife is unable to open it.
We are heading from Oregon to Mt Rushmore this Monday and if anyone has any suggestions I will be very happy to hear them!   
Thanks in advance for your comments.  This is a great forum!!!!  And nice folks!
Loren 
Loren and Sally and Bear
Rpod 178 2015
Bend Oregon
M0tl3y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 12:48pm
My 178 has had a similar stickiness. 1) If the trailer isn't flat/level then it makes the problem worse. I noticed that the top of the door is rubbing on the frame when the trailer isn't in a perfect level position. 2) More-so than the first problem, my door jam was catching/rubbing on the door-catch on the door-frame. I took a rubber mallet and hammered the door jam flat. That really freed things up and it still locks/secures just fine.

You'll probably just had to look for your spots where the two are binding up and figure out how to move them apart. But make sure you're level first. 
The 178 club
 Post Reply Post Reply