R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed179 - Make room for R-Dome poles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 179 - Make room for R-Dome poles
    Posted: 19 May 2015 at 11:49am
We found the R-Dome poles don't fit in the under bed storage compartment. I saw a picture some where that showed there might be extra space to be had. After a quick check I found I could get enough room for the R-Dome and poles. An added bonus was that I recovered some paneling that matches the interior and could be used for repairs or to remove the bathroom sink

Before:

Before

After: 
After

Extra Paneling:
Extra Paneling
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 12:08pm
Looks good, the only side comment I might have, is, why not just store the poles in the bag, so the whole bunch goes in and out together? That's how we do it.
Prof_K View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 12:34pm
I had the poles out before I did the mod. That way I could place them on an angle. Now that I have more space they can go back in the bag.

2015 179
2006 Santa Fe
Iroquois ON
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 8:30pm
We made a special holder for our R dome poles from a piece of 4" pvc pipe with the screw-on end caps.  We mounted in on the trailer A frame between the battery channel and the pod body.  I used strapping metal and stainless steel screws to mount it. It's also large enough to hold a fishing rod if you remove the reel first.

vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
J-Cat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 12:18pm
My 2015 179 HRE was configured a bit differently and had the water pump next to the water heater. I didn't want to totally open the area because of the pump but I did cutout part of the panel to allow the dome poles (and some fishing poles) to be put on top of the R-Dome bag and extend into the utility space.

Jerry & Cathy
2015 RP-179 HRE
2013 Tacoma SR5 4x4
Appocalexx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by J-Cat

My 2015 179 HRE was configured a bit differently and had the water pump next to the water heater. I didn't want to totally open the area because of the pump but I did cutout part of the panel to allow the dome poles (and some fishing poles) to be put on top of the R-Dome bag and extend into the utility space.
J-cat looking at the same prolem, i will most likly still do somewhat of the same thing that prof_k did just a lil different i want to be able to mount some fishing poles holders of some sort to the bulkhead and possibly the Rdome poles not sure on how long they are yet and if they will fit after the mod but i should recieve my Rdome in a few wks time and will mess with it later.
 Post Reply Post Reply