R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPahaQue awning?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: PahaQue awning?
    Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 11:21pm
Im thinking about getting a PahaQue awning for my 178 this month. Any thoughts or comments on this product? I like to idea of the visor cap.
Dave
Old Dingo&Mrs.Dingo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 1:19pm
We have a visor, and we like it.  It's slightly easier to erect than a R-Dome, but of course much smaller and provides less protection from the elements.  The visor provides protection from the rain and sun for our two windows and doorway on our 181 G, allowing us to leave them open when we walk away.  The visor stores in a much smaller bag too.  Once PahaQue properly sized the visor, it worked fine.  Occasionally it will drop one side during a stiff breeze or when the water collects on it, but it pops back up when the water runs off or the wind subsides.  
Old Dingo and/or Mrs. Dingo
181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
ShellDave View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 1:56pm
Thanks for the reply, I'm trying to decide what color combo to get. I have a 2015 that's a greenish color and doesn't match any colors being offered. My thought is silver with the green trim? What colors did you decide on for your R Pod?
Dave
Old Dingo&Mrs.Dingo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 6:42pm
Our 2011 has a yellow stripe so we ordered a yellow visor.  It is really gray (silver) with a yellow "tube" for the fiberglass rod to pass through.  There was a picture of our 'pod on PahaQue's website, but it may have been replaced.  Good luck on your choice.
Old Dingo and/or Mrs. Dingo
181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
beaster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 4:42pm
I had a awning made at a boat canvas shop, 10 x 10 with a 1 in seam on one end, I used plastic water tubing from Lowes in the seam. it threads through the rail easily(get smaller than you think would hold). Two Kelty awning poles to hold the other end, I look great and is easy. The awning was not cheap $300 and poles $15 each, but both will last a life time.
 Post Reply Post Reply