Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDeception Pass 4/9 - 4/11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deception Pass 4/9 - 4/11
    Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 9:56am
Just got back from our inaugural camp out in the new Pod. I thought I would give a little beta for those going to the round up next weekend. Specifically anybody that reserved site 21.

We had great weather and never were even affected by that big storm that came in Friday night. The campground wasn't too crowded and we even saw 2 other pods in the wild.

Site 21. What can, I say we have never camped here before other than in tents a few years ago with the scouts. All I had to go on was the description on the reserve website. It said it was fairly level and private. Well it was those things. It was also set up weird and narrow. It was also very muddy.

If you have this site, be prepared to track mud into your pod. There is no way around it. the whole parking pad is full.of mud. Also it is too narrow to set up your dome. The way it is set up is you park your pod and truck in front, then behind is a flight of stairs leading up to the fire bowl and picnic table. So be prepared to carry stuff back and forth up and down stairs. Also the jets were out in full force all weekend and really scared the dogs.

It wasn't all bad. It has a nice peak a boo view of the water, and up at the fire pit is nice and private. We were able to get 3 channels with our bat wing antenna. King 5 and a couple Canadian channels. Also be careful with your cell phone. There was a couple times it picked up Canadian cell towers and wanted to charge international rates.

It was an overall great weekend. The scenery cannot be beat for such a short drive. I can't wait to go back again.

Edited by jbsimm2 - 12 Apr 2015 at 10:00am
2012 Nissan Xterra
2014 RP178 (Death Pod)
 Post Reply Post Reply