R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Antenna replacement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Antenna replacement
    Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 8:14am
I don't think your radio is haunted. An intermittent connection (not a short) is possible. Not knowing which model RPod you have, I will base my advice on the RP-179 that I have.

First off, the radio:  Does the display stay on or is it cutting on and off as well? If the display is on even when the radio is off, then it is likely not the connection that supplies power that is causing this. However, that can be checked while checking other connections.

Remove the screws holding the stereo unit to the wall and carefully pull it out. Check all the connections on the back to make sure they are tight. While it is out, check the booster (wall plate with the button and TV coax connector) to make sure any connections there are fully plugged in as well. If all connections are tight, and the antenna connections are also tight, then carefully put the unit back into the wall and fasten it in place with the screws you removed. Don't over tighten them so you don't strip them out. The paneling is rather thin.

As for auto-scan, do you have the antenna booster turned on when you run the scan? Is the light on the booster switch plate on? If not, then turn the booster on and then try scanning again. If it is on, you may just be in an area where there is not a good enough signal for the antenna to catch. The problem with the antenna is mainly one of height. To get distant signals, your antenna would need to be much higher. Don't judge by the big 5th wheels. Their antennas are much higher than the one on the RPod. See the 5th post in this topic above.

I don't know if this will help fix your problem, but it can't hurt.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12