R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJensen 12 Volt TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jensen 12 Volt TV
    Posted: 14 May 2015 at 2:40pm
Not really a valid point as it would be easier for them to put in 12v across the board only reason not to is because Jensen is trying to get rid of the small 120v rv tvs and they got a great deal.. I'll probably figure out what voltage the TV really is (probably 19v) and install a buck converter so it's still fairly efficient over a 120 inverter
2015.5 RPOD 171
gescarra View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 3:00pm
I replaced the Vizion on my 2015 179 with a Samsung UN22F5000 22" from Amazon. It's technically a 14v TV but i cut the cable and hooked it up to the 12V. I ran a new 12V line from the distribution panel, and used a 10A fuse. Did not want too big a voltage drop when using other equipment on that same line, and didn't want to overload a run. Works great when i'm plugged in, or just battery.

One addition i had to make was a ground loop isolator because both the stereo and the TV are on DC now, and the sound was making a TERRIBLE noise.

Here's the links of what i got:

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Dreded

Besides hooking up directly to the battery then plugging the trailer in is there an easy way to plug in an inverter?

If I was going to do it, I would steal 12v power from the antenna booster line, add a 12v outlet right there by the tv connections, plug my inverter into that.

I don't understand the "plug the trailer in" part of your question.. if you have a place to plug the trailer in, the voltage of the tv is moot. The whole point of a 12v tv over 120v, is to be able to use it without the trailer being plugged in.

Generally, people who want to boondock, want to be away from things like tv, computers, cell phones, etc.. so it's not a big worry.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12