Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFinally a new owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally a new owner
    Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 10:24am
I got an RPod 179 and have been getting it ready for travel. I slept in it last night. I have put a 3" memory foam on the bed and it was really comfy. My dog Snuffy isn't happy with the trailer but I hope he will get used to it soon. 
I'm having trouble with the TV. I played a movie last night and really couldn't see it well. I wish there was an attachment I could get to swivel it down so I could see it better. Still having color issues too. 
I already changed out the 750 key to one I found at Lowes. It pays to read as much as you can about this new experience. :) 
I've booked my first jaunt not far from me but couldn't get in until Easter weekend. 
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 1:02pm
There are tilting/swiveling mounts for the TV, can make quite a difference as I understand.. We don't watch much TV, and ours is different from yours.. 
Jannie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 2:21pm
I think it's because i was trying out all the stuff in my trailer. I'm still in the driveway at home. LOL
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 2:44pm
Welcome! Congrats on your 179!!   

http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/flat-panel-lcd-tv-wall-mount-bracket-with-double-swing-arm-extension-148.html

this one was recommended as one that fit the r-pods.
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Jannie

I got an RPod 179 and have been getting it ready for travel. I slept in it last night. I have put a 3" memory foam on the bed and it was really comfy. My dog Snuffy isn't happy with the trailer but I hope he will get used to it soon. 
I'm having trouble with the TV. I played a movie last night and really couldn't see it well. I wish there was an attachment I could get to swivel it down so I could see it better. Still having color issues too. 
I already changed out the 750 key to one I found at Lowes. It pays to read as much as you can about this new experience. :) 
I've booked my first jaunt not far from me but couldn't get in until Easter weekend. 

Congratulations and welcome, if it's not too far of a trek for you there is an upcoming Rally in Townsend TN, towards the end of April.  Come join some us if you can.

I hope Snuffy adapts and flourishes on your journeys.  Sometimes they just need some time to acclimate.  Good luck.
Jannie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 8:22pm
How can I get more info on the rally? Is there a site somewhere?
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 8:16am

How can I get more info on the rally? Is there a site somewhere?

Jannie I will send you some messages here for it.  And some contact info.  Check your Personal Message folder here.  I'm not sure if it's on the campout section here or not, I forget sometimes which rallies end up where.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 3:50pm
About your dog - ours never quite settled into the pod.  He would barely eat on a weekend trip, for instance.  Always thought he was never quite comfortable in camp.  Suddenly on the few trips we've had with our new camper he acts just like he does at home.  Odd.  Hope yours loves your pod!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
DataSquid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:26pm

Sorry, I've tried searching the forum but can't find any reference to what you recommend be done with the key. Care to elaborate? My hunch is they have a common key across all units, and you switched out the cylinder for a unique key?
--
Dan
2015 R-Pod 179
TV 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
RP related videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/DataSquid
(Add me to your Google+ Circles to see all posted vids)
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 8:01am
Originally posted by DataSquid

Sorry, I've tried searching the forum but can't find any reference to what you recommend be done with the key. Care to elaborate? My hunch is they have a common key across all units, and you switched out the cylinder for a unique key?

That's correct DataSquid, your outdoor storage passthru bins will all have a common key that is practically everywhere in the RV world.  A lot of us, sometimes just for our own ease will change out the locks on these areas either with different keyed models from other manucaturers, or even other RV specific ones that have different key types, or even combination type locks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>