R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBeeping Fridge Fix - By Jim Fielder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beeping Fridge Fix - By Jim Fielder
    Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 10:14am
Here is the update to the beeping fridge issue by MoosePOD via Dometic and FR.  It works! Thumbs Up

Note: You don't have to silicone the entire channel, just an inch or so at the opening (red square) to prevent condensation from running down the wires into the plug and sensor. 

Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 8:54am
Podster,

Thank you for the pictures. They are the mirror image of the refrigerator in my 179. However, the tape and wire are the same. I had some Liquid Nails Clear 100% Silicone Adhesive (LN-207) on hand. It does not have the vinegar smell, so it must use a different method for cure. I filled the area you indicated and replaced the tape. I also tried to make a drip loop on the wires when I put the tape back to also help keep any condensation out of the connection.

This was preventative as I had not experienced the problem.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
densmorema View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 9:44pm
Tried the silicone repair,worked for a while till I ran into some more humid weather than it started beeping again at 430 in the morning, had to unplug the wire. I give up till domestic comes up with a recall.I guess if you want to be able to use the light we will have to blow dry the switch and plug it back in, unbelievable specially when that switch sells for 250 dollars.
Mike and Cherie
Michigan
2015 R179 2016 silverado
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 10:25pm
This is the first time that I have read that the recommended Dometic fix has failed. You may want to check your seal. A leaky door seal will produce excessive condensation. 

I don't see a recall coming for the beeping fridge.  

Use a dollar bill to check the seal. It should have some drag on it all the way around the door. 
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 3:12pm
Ditto, plus check to make sure your door is aligned and is tight. Our frig fix has lasted two years in all kinds of temps and condensation. 
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 5:28pm
Checked the seal and it's fine, did the dollar bill test.I took the door latch apart again dried it out than sprayed with silicone whigh is di-electric and leaves a water proof coating. Tested and it's working properly again, will see down the road.Thanks for the comments.
Mike and Cherie
Michigan
2015 R179 2016 silverado
luvmypod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:12pm
Hi Densmorema, how is the fridge situation, still beeping?  having same issue and we just unplug it- no beep
Live, Love, Learn and Leave a Legacy

2012 Ford EscapeV6
RPOD 182G
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:48pm
Haven't used it yet but I'm not holding out alot of hope for it.Pulling the wire off at least is a sure fix but you lose your light.Big problem just to let you know that your door has been open for 2 minutes.It had been okay for a couple of trips after I siliconed it but then we ran into some real humid weather and it started again,dam thing is that it always goes off in the middle of the night.lol.
Mike and Cherie
Michigan
2015 R179 2016 silverado
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 10:53am
Just returned from a four day outing and no beeping but it wasn't very humid either, I am thinking about buying one of those small refrigerator fans on Amazon to keep the air circulating,might help.
Mike and Cherie
Michigan
2015 R179 2016 silverado
srustad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 9:02pm

Hello,

I am new here. I had the beeping fridge issue and tried every fix the internet could sling at me but nothing worked for me. I did figure out my own ‘fix’ which will work for every dometic fridge that has this beeping problem…no matter what.

EASY FIX that will work for every fridge.

The symptoms: The fridge door is securely shut and latched but does the beeping thing every few minutes. Other than the beeping, my fridge operated completely normal. After trying the other fixes I developed my own. If you are under warranty, this ‘fix’ is not for you.

The simple fix: Open the fridge door and remove the two screws that hold on the top bar of the fridge which houses a circuit board and the front facing screen/buttons. Once the screws are out, inspect the circuit board and locate the very very tiny speaker that makes the beeping noises. If you are unsure, just wait two minutes and wait for it to beep…placing your finger on top of it while it beeps will help you ensure you have found the correct item on the circuit board. Once you narrow down which item is making the noise, use a dental pick or tiny screw driver to dig out the small metal diaphragm from inside of the very tiny speaker. Problem solved. It can no longer make any noise. This worked perfect for me and hopefully for you.

Side notes:

A. Ensure power to the fridge is off then you actually dig out the speaker…this will ensure you don’t accidently create a short.

B. If you still feel uneasy about choosing the right “speaker” on the circuit board, just google “PIEZOELECTRONIC BUZZER, 3V, 4KHZ “for an image of what you are looking for.

Hope this helps. 

-Spencer  2015 R-Pod 178

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345