R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed179 Dinette - Event Date: 25 Feb 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 179 Dinette
    Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 9:51pm
I have a 2014 model 179, and I am not happy with the dining arrangements. I would like to redo the set up that is there now but I'm not sure that is a good idea. Does anyone know if the two U-shaped cushionshave any practical value? If I take them out will that affect the slide out at all? Are those U shaped pieces needed to support the slide out when it is in?has anyone done any modifications to this area to make it more comfortable seating? Any help would be appreciated.
Chevy Tahoe
Jan & Bob

IMG_0655.JPGIMG_0655.JPG
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 8:48am
By "u shaped cushions" , if you mean the two ottomans on the floor, the right one can be removed, the left covers electronics and slide gear. They do not support or anchor the slide in any way.

I hate to say it, but it's pretty much accepted that "dinette" sleeping in general doesn't work well, and on the 179 it's downright miserable. Most accept that the 179 is a two person camper.. assuming they both sleep in the queen bed.
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 10:08am
I agree with furpod. It would be more comfortable for someone if you put a cot out in the r-dome.
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
kylekai View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 11:30am
The dinette works great as a bed for our 14-year-old son.  We don't even put the table down.  It makes for a thin bed, but he doesn't mind.  He likes to sleep late, which is fine because in the morning the table is up and the two end seats are available for breakfast.  With our past campers we had to get our son up so we'd have a table to eat on, but with the 179 it's not an issue.  That may change as he gets older and bigger (he's 5'9" now), but we'll worry about that if and when it happens.
 Post Reply Post Reply