Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe "Crown" option package

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "Crown" option package
    Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 8:28pm
I have been shopping around for a R-Pod 179 and the first time I came across one was several weeks back at a local RV show.  When I toured the unit, it had a nice pull down sprayer faucet on the kitchen sink.  I later found out that this was part of an option package called the crown package, which also included keyless entry and a couple other items.  When I recently went to purchase a R-Pod 179, I was involved with two dealers and both their models have plain faucets on the kitchten sink, and when I asked if those units did not have the crown package, I was told that the crown package does not exist anymore and that keyless entry is a thing of the past as well, since too many users had problems with them...   I know I can get an aftermarket sprayer for the sink, but I was a little dissappointed since I thought the sprayer faucet looked great.  Embarrassed

But I thought I would point out that the "Crown" option package seems to be history.  Not sure if the Wish list is the right place to file this but that faucet is on my "wishlist" I guess
TV = 2011 Toyota 4Runner
POD = coming soon R-POD 179
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 8:59pm
I was told the same thing by my dealer. We got the newer version of the 2015 and really enjoy it.
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
retireclose View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 8:01am
Hi Bones,

We have the earlier version of the 2015-179 and it has the pull down sprayer faucet and keyless entry system.  The color is also different.  We are selling our 2015-179 in mid April.  If your interested send me a private message.

Gary
Gary and Jill Winters
Bella Golden Retriever
2014 Silverado 1500
2015 R-Pod 179 -(SOLD)
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Bones

I have been shopping around for a R-Pod 179 and the first time I came across one was several weeks back at a local RV show.  When I toured the unit, it had a nice pull down sprayer faucet on the kitchen sink.  I later found out that this was part of an option package called the crown package, which also included keyless entry and a couple other items.  When I recently went to purchase a R-Pod 179, I was involved with two dealers and both their models have plain faucets on the kitchten sink, and when I asked if those units did not have the crown package, I was told that the crown package does not exist anymore and that keyless entry is a thing of the past as well, since too many users had problems with them...   I know I can get an aftermarket sprayer for the sink, but I was a little dissappointed since I thought the sprayer faucet looked great.  Embarrassed

But I thought I would point out that the "Crown" option package seems to be history.  Not sure if the Wish list is the right place to file this but that faucet is on my "wishlist" I guess

The Crown package is history, some of the features of the package were rotated into all of the R-Pod line and remain.  The different faucet and the keyless entry were removed from the product line though.

The other items that were originally introduced as Crown options still exist though.
2rsinapod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 10:42am
Interesting that those 2 options have been discontinued. Our early 2015 R-178 has them both and they are both broke. The spray nozzle has split and sprays everywhere when you use it and I have had no luck programing the keypad. Warranty work for next month.
'15 r-pod 178
'17 F150 2.7L ecoboost
Leslie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:59pm
yikes I just bought a brand new 178 and it has those features.  Is this what I have to look forward too?
realizing a lifelong dream!
Leslie and Paul
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 5:13am
It gives you something to keep an eye on. Not everyone went bad.
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Leslie

yikes I just bought a brand new 178 and it has those features.  Is this what I have to look forward too?

Lots of owners had no issues.. several did..

Several of us upgraded to the keypad entry, hate to say it, but most of us have had to replace them. As far as I know, the replacements have been fine.. (mine has) No one has had any issue just using it as a keyed lock.
Suzanne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 12:25pm
My husband and I are in the market for a 2015 179.  Is there a reason that you are selling it?  We would be very interested in talking.
Suzanne
Webstas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 3:08pm
i have a crown 172 with the keyless and faucet and i haven't had any trouble i LOVE the keyless
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>