Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedrpod hybrids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: rpod hybrids
    Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 7:20pm
I "REALLY" looked at hybrid trailers, including jayco and others.  THey had alot of space for a small tow weight.  But it still had the same problem that I was trying to get away from by getting away from my tent trailer.   And that is dealing with wet and dirty canvas that I would have to try out if it rained while we where camping.   I think if the hybrid rpod was available before I still would have gone with a 172.
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 8:41pm
We also looked at hybrids before buying, but heard too much about condensation in and around the sleeping area that we decided staying clean and dry was more important than having the extra space. Don't like the idea of bringing in dirt/dampness when breaking camp either. 

Pass on this model. Disapprove
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 8:55pm
After a long day of driving or anything for that matter, pull up, plug in and relax, no assembly required.

I reach a time of my life where less is more.

FR is probably trying in attract a younger group, who are expanding versus downsizing.

LOVE MY POD
Lee

RPODADMIN, only one pic..your just teasing us.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 1:02pm
NOT A FAN...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 1:42pm
The hypods may well open up possibilities for a different consumer market, perhaps larger families.  This is a good thing.
gmandual View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 3:55pm
I agree, that the hybrids will open up the rpod product line to a whole new set of individuals who previously wouldn't consider them.    I think that most of folks who currently who currently own r-pod (with a few exceptions) had purchased them to elminate maintanence and setup issues associated with tent trailers and hybrids.   I do applaud forest river for expanding the line and continuing to adapt it to make it more flexible to different buyers needs.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 7:22pm
Yep, me, wife, two kids under 3 and big yellow dog.
I wish I could see more pics of this.
HuronSailor View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 8:27pm

My first impression is that I personally would not be interested in this. We had a popup, and we like our rPod the way it is: not having to deal with the canvas. However, I'd still be interested in actually seeing one and poking around in it. Never say never. Different strokes for different folks, etc., etc. You think we have issues with tourists wanting to see our campers now, think about the crowds that will gather around one of these hypods (thanks Techntrek).

Buuuut, think about this: if it was set up in such a way that you had a choice whether or not you deployed the canvas, that would definitely change my mind. Think how versatile that would be, and probably the only camper on the market with that feature.

We may have to invent that one ourselves, though.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 10:04am
I jumped on each of these. The 176T is an amazing floor plan but I do have some concerns about what these are going to be priced at. The 176T is going to get up there on price. 

The rear fold out bunk is on gas shocks, once you begin to lift the shocks take over so there is no concern about the weight of the spare tire. That also free's up the class 2 hitch on the back for a nice back rack. There are 2 support poles that are attached, they simply fold down, so you do not loose them or wonder what pole goes were. Similar to the pole system of a fleetwood pop-up. 

The air mattress was a nice touch versus the traditional hybrid mattress. It will stow very easy, but you can also NOT put the bed out, and blow the mattress up for extra comfort on top of the dinette bed. 

The 176t is the perfect floor plan for a family of 3-4. There are bunk-beds and a dinette bed. So you do not have to fold out at all, but lets say your kids have friends, cousins, grand-parents that want to come along, BAM you fold out and now you can sleep even more!!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 10:34am
I have seen one picture on the bottom of page 1?  Are there more somewhere else?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>