FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedrpod hybrids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: rpod hybrids
    Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 3:13pm
OK now I'm looking!  Depends on the config you MIGHT just see my unit for sale......... 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 3:17pm
seems like a pop up to me, losing out on the quiet, snug and dryness of the POD!Wink
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 3:28pm
Same for us, we've done popups all along and this was an intentional move into something quieter and less drafty.  BUT, I love this concept and am all for it.  It will make for a very roomy hypod.  Add the slide-out too, and you won't know what to do with all the room.

Oh, and now I see they are keeping the curves by using a curved piece and using it as a roof and not the base.  Cool.  That will keep the roof from pooling/puddling like many hybrids/popups do, but that also means more weight for a slide-out base.  I wonder if it will be usable for "turtling", where hybrid owners can sleep inside w/o opening it up (good for quick overnighters).  Possibly not.  When closed it will have to cover the dinette, or be sandwiched between upper and lower cabinets, probably covering the sink/stove in the process.  Still good for loading up before a trip but not turtling.  Completely guessing of course...  can't wait to see the floor plans.  Smile
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 3:50pm
There had better be a very durable seal where the canvas meets the body.  All the rain water from that hard top is going to run right down to that seal.

It does look interesting though.

Terry
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 3:55pm
ok something stange is going on.  There was a second picture posted that I see in my e-mail but it is not here and then a post made about the pic is gone also......................
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 4:02pm
You can see that its held up by bunk-end supports, much like a popup.  It doesn't look like there's anything in the back end of the r-pod (cabinets, etc), at least as far as the rear streetside window.  I wonder if the bunk stays horizontal and just slides out?  Would FR slide out the rear bunk just for a few extra feet of maneuvering room?

Is that an air mattress in there?  And... it looks like the spare tire is on the "roof"?  Why put that weight up there?
rpodadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by rpodcamper.com

ok something stange is going on.  There was a second picture posted that I see in my e-mail but it is not here and then a post made about the pic is gone also......................

That was not an r-pod photo.. it was a new v-cross super lite - wait until you see this super lite camper .. it is under 4,000 pounds... very nice.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 4:24pm
OK here I thought it was a cross between an R-pod, Hybrid and a teardrop!  A was really ready to get the BIG SALE sign out.  Goes it stays down :)

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 4:51pm
Is that half a R-dome or a new awning setup. Wink 

Lee

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 5:43pm

Looks like the same r-dome to me.  Its just all unzipped and rolled up.

Also looks like the supports attach to the stabs, so if you rip one off you have a problem, Houston.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>