R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedcostco generator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: costco generator
    Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 7:35pm
Thinking of buying thr Honda2000i. Does this unit fit in the underneath storage area?
Thanks Larry158

ReiMan1776 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 8:07pm
[QUOTE=Keith-N-Dar]I would be amazed if you can gang two of the inexpensive generators.  If you have a manual that tells you how you may be OK.  You can't just hook two together and expect anything except sparks and smoke. 

I have one inexpensive gen set that runs everything just fine (4500 W) that cost less than $400.  It is not quite as quiet as a Honda but cost lots less.  And you can't run the quiet ones at night either.
[/QUOT

The Costco Smarter Tools model In fact is made to connect together with optional cable. It says that in the manual and on the box. I bought a year ago when they had a $50 rebate so was $450 nice yamaha engine. 
Dan
svskier View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 9:04pm
When I bought my 178 (2012) the dealer threw in two 2100 powerhouse inverter generators. They have remote start, I can start one and watch a DVD and charge the batteries or start them both and run the A/C and the microwave and charge the batteries. They are not terribly loud, but fairly heavey (70 lbs.) each. I store them under the dining table when traveling, which adds toung weight, no WDG or sway control needed.
Mark
09 silverado 2500 hd
2013 pod 178
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12