FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew r-pod cover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New r-pod cover
    Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 2:51pm

I called the dealer in OH to get camo cover. The sales told me it will be $400 plus shipping. I called my dealer and he said get it from there because it much cheaper Shocked 

Please sent me the link for cheaper covers.
Thank youSmile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 2:47am
Please let me know of the link too.  We are 4 hours from our dealer.  The dealer here in town will not sell to me since I didn't purchase the trailer here.   Bill
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 5:55pm
How is the quality of the cover? I was very disappointed in the R-dome construction/materials and it has made me very hesitant on pursuing the cover. That and the fact that my dealer wants $529 for it.

Confused  Jacq
rpodadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 1:58pm
Very heavy ... nice to have...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 5:11pm
      The material is strong and fits very well and snug all the way around. But I don"t think it will hold up well in the sun. We have had ours for two months and gets about 4 to 5 hours of afternoon sun. It has already faded from tan to grey. Time will tell how well the material lasts before it rots, we will be happy if it lasts 2 years. Our reason for buying it we have mud daubers that build their nests everywhere. The cover so far has kept the mud daubers from building their nests on the trailer. If you are able to keep the covered trailer in as much shade as posible would be best. We bought the cover for $300.00 it is worth that much for us. We live in south Florida the sun is hot, and does a lot of damage to any kind of fabric.  Ouch         David and Danette
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 9:56pm
Thanks for the information. I also live in Florida but should be able to shade it fairly well. I'm running into the same problem obtaining the cover. The only dealer that wants to sell it to me is the dealer I bought the unit from and they are wanting the highest price for it. Is it very hard to put on the r pod?

Jacqueline
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 10:12am
I bought an over sized cover from Northern tool.com for under $100.  I use bungee  cords at the front and back and hand clamps on the fenders to take up the slack.  It does the job and I need to keep my rpod covered as it is parked under large pine trees that drip sap.
The sun is also a big factor as I live in Florida.

The cover works well as described.  I've had several storms, and lots of rain.  The quality is OK (the same as the cover I use for my truck).  I know I will have to replace it every few years as I've had to do with high quality covers I've used on other vehicles.

I think all covers are hard to put on and take off with RV's.  I use a ladder and put the cover on top of the vehicle.  I then pull it down in front and back and pull it around the A/C and TV antenna.  Once I have the edge past the AC and antenna, it is easy to adjust.  I then gather material at the front and back.  Then I make adjustments at the bottom around the wheels (I also leave the tires covered due to the sun).

Hope this helps others, it works for me for the time being.  I've had my rpod since March.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 7:45pm
That might be the thing to do.  I was interested in getting in "official" r pod cover but I think it's overpriced (especially at my dealer) and I'm afraid that it would have to be replaced after a couple of years.  I'm thinking about getting a canopy type carport to pull it under to protect the roof from limbs and hail but I don't think it will do much for the sides.  Maybe both?

Jacq
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 9:29am
Question ARE THERE ANY PROBLEMS WITH MOISTURE OR CONDENSATION IF COVERED FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME ? Confused
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 11:04am
       We have had no problems with moisture or condensation. We leave the windows open part of the way. Living in south Florida we have very high humidity and  this is the rainy season, so far after three months no problems. Smile       David and Danette
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>