R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShopping experience and a question...or 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shopping experience and a question...or 2
    Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Podster

Originally posted by Luv2Q

Originally posted by MissyBuck

I vote for the Hillcountry!  Have you ever been to Inks Lake State Park?  Pretty awesome.

I've heard that.  Never been there though.  Sounds like a plan!

Inks Lake is a nice park, been camping there for years. 

Us too. Prob our favorite State Park - so far. As soon as we actually have our Pod purchased and home, I will conact y'all so we can start a plan!
Melissa (and Buck)
2015 RP 178 aka Podimus Minimus
3/4 Ton Suburban TV
MissyBuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 6:21pm
Rpod178.jpg

We pulled the trigger today!  We take ownership on Friday.  2015 RP 178.   Woot!
Melissa (and Buck)
3/4 Ton Suburban TV
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 8:02pm
Congratulations! Hey I think you got one of the late model 2015s, I think this model includes an outdoor shower! 
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
MissyBuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 8:11pm
Yes, it is the late model. Manufacture date of August 2014. We were so surprised that the dealer in Round Rock was willing to make a deal with us. Came close enough to the Iowa price + travel expenses that we felt good about it to say yessssiirrreee! They - at Princesscraft dealership - were very nice and helpful too. We will pick it up Friday afternoon and head directly to the campground - no wasting time to give her a whirl! Ha!
Melissa (and Buck)
3/4 Ton Suburban TV
Luv2Q View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 9:23pm
Hot dawg!  We're havin' fun now!  Congratulations on getting a deal done with Princess.  Maybe I laid some groundwork for you a month or so ago:  I told them dealerships in IA & OH had 'em beat by 3 thousand bucks.  They seemed not to care for that .. But didn't come down.  Maybe they've reconsidered since then!  Big smile

Let us know how everything goes.  I'll have our story to tell, too:  Maiden voyage this weekend and our 8-yr old granddaughter is on her first camping trip!
John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
E2 WDH / Integrated controller (POS) replaced by Tekonsha P3
MissyBuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 10:34pm

Hot dawg!  We're havin' fun now!  Congratulations on getting a deal done with Princess.  Maybe I laid some groundwork for you a month or so ago:  I told them dealerships in IA & OH had 'em beat by 3 thousand bucks.  They seemed not to care for that .. But didn't come down.  Maybe they've reconsidered since then!  Big smile

Let us know how everything goes.  I'll have our story to tell, too:  Maiden voyage this weekend and our 8-yr old granddaughter is on her first camping trip!

Have fun with that grandbaby! Can't wait to hear your tale. We may be brave enough to take our 2 grandsons some day.  They are quite a handful at their ages - 3 and 6.  Broken HeartConfused
Melissa (and Buck)
3/4 Ton Suburban TV
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 6:32am

...with Princess.  Maybe I laid some groundwork for you a month or so ago:  I told them dealerships in IA & OH had 'em beat by 3 thousand bucks.  They seemed not to care for that .. But didn't come down.  Maybe they've reconsidered since then!  Big smile

Me too! I made them a very reasonable cash offer and they moved, but not enough. Good to hear that maybe the local region may have a dealer with a reasonable price now. 
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
MissyBuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 9:24pm

...with Princess.  Maybe I laid some groundwork for you a month or so ago:  I told them dealerships in IA & OH had 'em beat by 3 thousand bucks.  They seemed not to care for that .. But didn't come down.  Maybe they've reconsidered since then!  Big smile
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;"></span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Me too! I made them a very </span>reasonable<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> cash offer and they moved, but not enough. Good to hear that maybe the local region may have a dealer with a </span>reasonable<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> price now. </span>

I am grateful for the prep that y'all did for us! I really didn't want to travel to Iowa this time of year.

I am ready, however, to visit some state parks around here, but man, everyone else had the same idea before i got to the reservation website. Geez. The ones reasonably close are full!
Melissa (and Buck)
3/4 Ton Suburban TV
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 6:25am
I think Choke Canyon may have some spots for this weekend and not to much farther Mustang Island may be open.
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
MissyBuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 7:52am

I think Choke Canyon may have some spots for this weekend and not to much farther Mustang Island may be open.

We wish we could go this weekend and we thought about it, but we decided it might be a better idea to test all the systems in our driveway before hitting the road.

We WANT to go Thanksgiving weekend - Friday to Sunday - but having a heck of a time finding a place. I will look into Choke Canyon. I know I sound like a bad Texan, but I really don't like the Texas coast.

Just being an anxious camper...
Melissa (and Buck)
3/4 Ton Suburban TV
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>