Topic Closed2015 Pacific NW Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2015 Pacific NW Roundup
    Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 11:27am
Next year’s Roundup has just been announced on the Forest River Owners Group bulletin. I was keeping it to myself until all the arrangements had been finalized. And now they have.

I have reserved 50 full hookups at Cannon Beach RV Resort in Cannon Beach, Oregon. The dates are Thursday August 27 to Sunday, August 30th
For those who have never been, the Oregon coast is truly a wonderful place to visit during the summer. Fishing, hiking, biking, kayaking, and dining, all outdoors, with wonderful weather. The town of Cannon Beach is 3 blocks from our campground and filled with interesting shops, restaurants, and all kinds of handmade items, made by local artists. For those of you who have attended our last Roundups we are just about 5 miles south of Circle Creek Campground in Seaside, Oregon.

Lots to see and do as many of you who attended our roundup in 2013 can attest to. About 10 miles up the coast is Astoria, Oregon, an old shipping port from the 1800’s. Interesting old town to look at or take the local trolley and see it that way. Lots of interesting old architecture. Many of the older homes were built by sea captains with widow walks so that their wives could look out to sea and know if their husbands ship was finally arriving. Some of the voyages took years to complete.

Sue and I stumbled on an interesting fish and chips restaurant, in Astoria, which is in a boat on the beach just across from the maritime museum. Called the Bowpicker. Always a line outside. Get there early about 11 or so. They actually catch the fish themselves in the morning and then prepare it for lunch. They close when they run out of that mornings catch. Can’t get much fresher than that. Excellent reviews on Yelp. GREAT fish and chips.   

Many other fine restaurants either in Cannon Beach, Seaside or Astoria. Just across from Astoria, is a huge bridge which takes you into Washington State. Lots to explore. Or, as most of us did this year, sat in the campground, checked out each other’s rigs and enjoyed making new friends.   

I was surprised to learn that this year included about 80% who had attended the year before. Thanks for coming and making it a fun event.
I have contracted the BBQ restaurant, Buster’s from Portland who will once again bring their 18’ smoker and serve us a fabulous dinner at the campground. Looking forward to seeing you all again, and making some new friends.

To make a reservation, please contact Cannon Beach RV Resort at 800-847-2231, or view their website at www.cbrvresort.com.

Ask for Michelle, the manager, who is handling all of our reservations. Please send me an email after you have made reservations, so I can add you to the dinner list, that Forest River will again graciously provide.   

I know it is early, but the last two roundups sold out very quickly.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at bcowan@hevanet.com or call me at 503-699-9213.

Until next year. Safe Travels.

Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 8:42am
Although it is rather early, I thought I would give an update on the 2015 Roundup. To date, of the 50 sites I have reserved, a total of 23 sites have now been spoken for. There are only 27 sites left, so if you are interested in coming, I wouldn't wait too long. We again have campers coming from the east and west coasts. See you in August. Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
fwunder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 8:15am
We are planning an east coast adventure next year. Nova Scotia.

However, I would really encourage anyone who could possibly make the trip to the Oregon coast do so! I think Bob is under selling the place. It is truly magical!

Here's just a handful of pics from our visit to the Oregon coast last summer.

fred

2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 8:35am
Thanks Fred. What can I say. The pics speak for themselves. The Oregon coast is truly a magical place. If you have never been, Cannon Beach is a terrific jumping off point to see a spectacular section of the coast. Cannon Beach is a great little tourist town with great ice cream, among other things. About 10 miles north is the town of Astoria, which was an old sailing port leading to the Far East. Ft. Clatsup is there where Louis and Clarke camped. All a magical place. Across the bridge is Washington State with all it has to offer. If you do make a reservation, please don't forget to send me an email so that I will register you for the dinner. Hope to see you in August. Only 25 spaces left. Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 9:01am
Just received our 30th reservation. Only 20 left, out of original 50. If you want to see Oregon in August, make your reservations. Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 12:12pm
Just checked with the campground, and out of 50 reserved full hookup spots there are only 13 left. For those who might be interested in seeing the Oregon coast at its best, better make those reservations now. As they say, "When they're gone, the're gone." See you in August. Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
perozzo29 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 4:06pm
My husband and I got a spot and are excited to meet fellow RPod'ers!

Rhonda (and Mark) Perozzo
KSST View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 9:19pm
Shocked Just joined today because we just bought our r-pod and we are Oregonians! Sorry to learn the August event is full up. Next year!

Cheers!
Ken & Saundra
Sunriver
You, who are one the road, must have a code that you can live by.
And so become yourself because the past is just a good bye.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 8:41am
Sorry you weren't able to get a spot in Cannon Beach. You might try Circle Creek RV in Seaside Oregon. Just up the road from Cannon Beach. Nice campground, which we stayed at two years ago. If you do get a spot, let me know and you can join us for dinner on Friday and Sat. nights. Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 11:03pm
It's Official. We are sold out for the 2015 Pacific Northwest Cannon Beach Roundup. We have 51 RV's attending, with 32 Pods, representing 9 states and one Canadian Province. I think I proved my point that we can and do have many on the west coast who are committed Forest River product owners who enjoy each others company. I am delighted that others here on the west coast are starting to plan their own roundups. We are looking forward to meeting and greeting old friends and making new ones. For those of you who are attending this years event, I wish you Safe Travels through out the year and see you in August.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>