FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedfavorite camping product

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: favorite camping product
    Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 6:56am
Originally posted by Hodge-PODge

It will fit directly in the pod.  At first I didn't even change the hose, just the shower head itself.  Later on I did swap hoses because the Oxygenics hose has a little turn-off valve at the top if you want to turn the water completely off while you soap up.  The Oxygenics shower head makes the one that came with the pod seem pretty pitiful.

I always hear so much about this shower head from so many of you so I have a question.  I personally have never had any problems with the factory shower head that came with our Pod.  It sprays water, it washes off soap.  With that being said do you think the Oxygenics one would still be an improvement?

I guess I'm curious for reasons why others have bought it.  Did the standard shower head feel inadequate or you had some other issue with it?  With my current experience only being with the factory one it seems to do it's job without any hassle.  It sprays water.

If I understand correctly the Oxygenics one gives you more pressure while using less of the water, is that accurate?
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 8:06am
I find the factory installed one ok. Not expecting what I have in house. It, also, has the cut off so you can take a Navy shower. I do find some concern with the crimping of the hose has it bends from the holder at top.  AND I am not handy, so I don't want to get into something I might mess with and HAVE a mess!
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 8:51am
I found that the shower head in ¡Podtástic! to work like it should.  I really can't tell the difference between that shower head and the shower head here in the house. 
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
g4royce View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 10:18am
We haven't had much luck with water pressure here in the NE and found that showering with the showerhead that came with the pod was akin to being peed on. Cry When we switched to the Oxygenics, it not only felt like a real shower, we also felt cleaner. Big smile

To be fair, we also have a water regulator installed in the white hose so we don't blow out the water lines in the pod, but considering the water pressure here in the NE (except for NY State), we probably don't need it. 

The Oxygenics was simple to install and it came packaged with a bit of Teflon tape.  We just unscrewed the hose at the taps, wrapped a bit of Teflon tape around the threads and screwed on the Oxygenics hose on.  We also unscrewed the Oxygenics showerhead from its hose and added a bit of Teflon tape up there too.  The pressure and spray can be controlled by a twisting the bottom of the showerhead.  However it does not shut off the water flow completely, but reduces it to a dribble. An actual cutoff valve can be added to the tap connector for about $8, but we didn't bother with that.

The only downside to the Oxygenics is that it is noisy because it sucks in air to pressurize the water. 

ChaiPod
2009 RP152
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 10:34am
We have a Rain Shower in the house, good pressure. I know what you mean about feeling clean. I am grateful to get to full hook-ups when I have been dry camping, to get that first good shower.

But the Pod will set for at least 5 months now since it is Winterized and our April (when the Park campgrounds open) is always busy with car road trips. Without the Pod.

Just hope to get a warm period, no rain so that I can get a bit of wax on it.
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 1:12pm
Glad all of you like your stock shower heads o.k.  But as for me - well, I can tell a big difference.  The Oxygenics sprays more evenly and it doesn't use the hot water up so quickly.  And you don't have to be too awfully handy to simply unscrew one shower head and screw on another.
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 2:03pm
I've read lots of good reviews on the Oxygenetics shower and would mind having one.  I seem to have dificulties in opening my wallet most of the time.  One is on my wish list.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 4:06pm
I will keep it on my wish list if that is all yoy have to do to modify it. I see it comes in white also.
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Iteach5th View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 4:38pm
I installed a cheap residential hand held shower head and it works great.
"Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right"- Henry Ford

2011 RP-177
2009 Jeep Cherokee
1982 Coleman Redwood pup
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by mountain mist

I will keep it on my wish list if that is all yoy have to do to modify it. I see it comes in white also.

MM, I got the white one too.  I think it was only $29.  Yep, you just screw it on.  As resourceful as you've been about everything else, it will be a snap for you -- I promise!
Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>