FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedfavorite camping product

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: favorite camping product
    Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 3:53pm

Don't forget first aid kit, I ran around with black elecrical tape and paper towels wrapped around my finger for two days on our last trip, some kind of nurse I am lol, but hey it worked.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 3:53pm
OUTBOUND:  Does the grill come with everything they show?  The bricketts and rotisserie.

Terry 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by TerryM

OUTBOUND:  Does the grill come with everything they show?  The bricketts and rotisserie.

@Terry: It doesn't use brickettes, it has a "flavor wave", a thick sheet of stainless steel folded into a w-shape that sits over the burner to disperse the heat.  I've found the flavor wave to be far more effective (no hotspots, fewer flareups), lighter and less messy than the old-style brickettes; the BBQ also cools-down much faster when you're done.  Unfortunately, the rotisserie costs extra.

The assembly manual only shows whats included with the grill.

I'll admit that the PortaChef is not the cheapest unit out there.  But, I find it to be very, very good and comparable to our home BBQ.  Last summer, at my family reunion, I cooked burgers and sausages for 45 people using the PortaChef alone; it was a great success.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 4:38pm
     Camping in south florida I would say a large brimed hat. My wife going through the changes would say air conditioning. Smile  David and Danette
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 10:49pm
My dutch oven for biscuits in the MorningSmile, Casserole in the evening.  Also the slow cooker.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 11:59pm
I would say besides my POD, it would be my little george forman grill.  Since it's just the two of us, with me doing the driving, setting up etc.  Setting up a real grill it too much work.  This is the one with a bun warmer on top.  http://www.ikitchen.com/gr10abw.html?CS_003=740477&CS_010=gr10abw 

I grill chicken breasts, fatjitas, pork chops, hot dogs, etc in the time it takes to put together a veggie or salad.  Do forget the pan for grills, makes clean up a snap.

Love you guys list, adding some to my own.

Lee

yizit View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 12:19am
I put together, in a 3 ring binder, all the booklets/owner's manuals  for the appliances, important information, etc, in plastic sleeves.  Keeps everything together and easy to find.   An extension rod in the bath to hang towels, wash cloths, etc.  Shamwow's to wipe down shower walls or anything else we can think of.  Release tin foil.  Fire starters.  Zodi Battery-Powered Shower (came in handy when we didn't have water in the tank to take a shower and useful if you have a dog or kids with dirty feet to use outside).

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 5:28pm
Oooh, I saw the other day that there are now dual-unit slow cookers.  Two removable crocks, each 2+ quarts, and with separate settings -  OFF, LOW, HIGH, WARM.  How great to have a main dish and a side cooking at once!  Hope Santa brings me one for the Pod.  Wink
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 5:37pm

Just curious is it difficult to wash the cooker in the small sink. I love to cook in the crock pot but was concerned about cleanup?

gmandual View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 5:51pm
My favorite little traveling companion is a Cadac Safari Chef BBQ

I hate unitask items so got rid of my little portalbe bbq and picked up  this little guy that functions as a BBQ, gas stove,  pancake gridle, ribbed grill and wok.   And all collapes down its a nice little carrying bag that can easily be stashed in an outside storage compartment.

Won't feed a large family, but fullfills the cooking needs for a small family.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>