Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ladder - Event Date: 18 Sep 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote NormanHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Ladder
    Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 9:35pm
You folks sure trashed his idea for a ladder. I thought this blog was to let FR know what we'd like to see added?
Podster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Podster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 10:12pm
Well that, but its also about solving real problems using a collective brain storm to develop plausible real time options.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 2:48pm
I think the community in general just pointed out that it may not be possible, or necessary, unlike the big rigs that do have ladders.   And like Podster said, the natural flow of conversation led to alternatives that will work if you really want to get up there (move the TV next to the pod, and collapsible ladders).
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Appocalexx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Appocalexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 1:42am
A full custom roof rack would be nice on these things, just might add it to my things to do for mine down the road. it would be nice on a clear night/day and have a brusky up there, im wanting to do the same thing to my EX one day. It has already been done and no wieght is distributed to the roof, metal framing is just welded/bolted to the frame up sidewall and built platform on top, im sure it can be done if not alraedy done by someone with a simular trailer or even rpod
Goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 7:35pm
I guess in AK you don't need A/C so that pretty much leaves the whole roof open for a rack, might not be able to use the bath vent if it was mounted to close to the roof. Keep the weight lite and you may be OK. Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
Oldgeezer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oldgeezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 2:50am
I wish car washes had ladders on the side wall so one could climb up and be able to wash the top of the Pod! We live in an apartment complex with no access to faucet for washing her. Smile
Ziggydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ziggydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 11:52pm
If you had  a solar panel or two up there, it could be beneficial to acces them to set up a z frame  for better angle. Also, if you developed a leak during a longer trip, it would be nice to be able to reseal.

Ziggydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ziggydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 11:55pm
I think a ladder is a good idea, for access to solar panels, A/C and to fix leaks on the road. On most layouts, a Ladder could easily be mounted on the DS, behind or in front of the wheel.
TheBum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 5:36pm
I use one similar to this when I need to access the roof. It collapses to a relatively small size that can easily fit in the Pod while traveling.

https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Telescopic-Portable-Adjustable-Extension/dp/B07MV7BLFX/

Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:59pm
I've used those, but they scare the bujeezus out of me!
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>