Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLouisville Kentucky Dealers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Louisville Kentucky Dealers
    Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 4:02pm
We are new R pod owners and are having an issue with our refrigerator, we live near Louisville, KY and wanted to know if there's anyone that would recommend any of the local dealers to work with on repair. We purchased r pod in S. Carolina and can't use that dealer for service.

thanks

Larry from the Oddpod
Larry, Erin, Lindsay, Caitlyn and Jules the lab
R pod 176
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 10:46pm
Hey Oddpod, sorry to hear you are having trouble with your frig...I can't help you with specifics on KY, but, the dealer you purchased it from may be able to recommend the closets authorized dealer/repair. Is it under warranty? My understanding is that the dealer you purchased it from is obligated to help you find service under warranty, and if not, them may still help you. 

I was able to pull these up on the Forest River RV Site. You may also want to contact Forest River directly because I found the authorized dealers/repair are not always listed on their locator service.  

http://www.rightstoprv.com/

http://www.delightfuldays.com/

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out... 
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 2:07pm
Glad to have another Kentucky Podder, let alone another "ville" podder out there with us!

I sent you a PM about some local dealers!
Luv2Q View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 3:18pm
Erin, the way it's been explained to me is that many of the components used in our Pods are warranted by the component manufacturers directly and thus don't require an RPod - or even a FR - dealer. If you have Dometic frig and AC, for example, then any dealer who sells Dometic should be able to take care of the frig and AC.  That's the theory, at any rate; not sure how well it works in actual practice.

What prompted me to check into this particular angle is that I have several RV dealers nearby - including FR - but the nearest RPod dealer is 2-3 hours away.

John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
E2 WDH / Integrated controller (POS) replaced by Tekonsha P3
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Luv2Q

Erin, the way it's been explained to me is that many of the components used in our Pods are warranted by the component manufacturers directly and thus don't require an RPod - or even a FR - dealer. If you have Dometic frig and AC, for example, then any dealer who sells Dometic should be able to take care of the frig and AC.  That's the theory, at any rate; not sure how well it works in actual practice.

What prompted me to check into this particular angle is that I have several RV dealers nearby - including FR - but the nearest RPod dealer is 2-3 hours away.

To use your 1st year, or 2nd year if you bought it Forest River replacement warranty it would actually have to be from an authorized Forest River dealer.  After your manufacturers warranty for the trailer itself is expired then you could pretty much go anywhere as you'd be dealing with Dometic etc.  However, even then a lot of times if you still go to a Forest River dealer it's an easier process.

dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 10:49pm
Stinnet R.V. in Jeffersonville Ind did my rear light recall under warranty as they are a forest River dealer. We bought our RP-172 from Rite Stop r.v. in Lebanon Jct, just south of Louisville.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Newsguy12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 1:56pm
FYI, Delightful Days is about 95 miles north of Louisville, in the greater Cincinnati area.
Ram 1500
5.7L V-8 Hemi
2015 R-Pod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply