Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPoulsbo RV in Mt Vernon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poulsbo RV in Mt Vernon
    Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 2:35pm
Gotta give a good report to these guys. Michael, our salesman, was great and never high pressured us into anything. We spent quite a bit of time looking and went back three times to make sure we were getting the model that fitted our needs the best. We decided on the 178 HRE and have been very happy with the sales process and after sales treatment. The only time we felt any pressure at all was on the extended warranty and I have just heard too many negative reviews of the second/third party warranty groups. We had a good walk through and learned quite a bit about our new Pod in the process. We are not new to trailering as we are down sizing from a 23 foot trailer but there are so many new features and things unique to the R-Pod that we enjoyed the walk through quite a bit. 

If you are looking in our area, go see Michael and tell him that Phil sent you.

Phil
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 6:43pm
Forest River offers an extended warranty if you are interested.  Cost me $150 5 years ago, I don't know what they are asking now but it can't be much more.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Frenchie pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 7:03pm
We had a great experience with poulsbo rv in kent. I think it helped we had done our research on r-pods. We were willing to drive 5 hours away to get a good deal on one.. They actually came close to what blue dog in post falls had listed for the pods. No pressure, unless you call the sale person saying "you deserve it" pressure. When you know what you want everything falls into place..... How could you not fall in love with the r-pods, luxury camping, with a small foot print... 
Dan & Fawn
French bulldogs
Buggaboo, 3
Bob 1
2015-178HR
blackcat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 2:38pm
We had a completely different experience at Poulsbo RV in Auburn. We had done our reserch on rPods and had pretty much decided on one. We told the salesman that we would not be buying that day, but were pressured and pressured to purchase immediately. Then, they tried to push us into their in house financing instead of paying cash. Despite the pushy tactics, we called to ask if they would match the price on a 2015 that we found in Oregon. They would not so we bough the rPod elsewhere. After a few days, I received an unprofessional e-mail from the service manager at Poulsbo RV telling me what a mistake I had made, asking me to back out of the deal I had already made, implying I could not have my rPod serviced with them, and saying that I made his salesman feel bad. 

I had also been speaking with a salesman at Poulsbo RV in Kent. He apologized for not having the exact model we wanted and for not being able to match the price. He was polite and professional.
2015 R-Pod 177
2008 Dodge Ram 2500
vtwin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 5:49pm
Always crazy to hear how each experience at the same dealership can be so different.
Auburn was good for us, showed them price @ bluedog spokane and Redding. Said were buying this weekend, and we didnt care if we have to drive to save $3k. They lowered price, though $500 more than Blue dog/Reddings dealerships. Which was about the cost it would been for me to drive in gas, food, hotel for a night. Plus they included a Primus IQ brake controller installed.. Maybe because we were wanting 14, not 15..
freezingalaskan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 1:50pm
What I don't understand is why dealers who sell rpods can reject doing warranty work when the trailer was not bought from them. Forest River should have it clearly stated in their agreement with vendors selling their product that any RV Sales business who sells rpods should be required to do warranty and maintenance regardless where the rpod was bought. In the long run this bodes well for the rpod sales for Forest River.

freezingalaskan
Volvo XC90 '13
rPod 179 '16
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 7:01pm
While I haven't looked lately they used to have it on the FR web page that dealers were not obligated to do warranty work on units bought elsewhere.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Keith-N-Dar

While I haven't looked lately they used to have it on the FR web page that dealers were not obligated to do warranty work on units bought elsewhere.

Yup it's still on there and Forest River still encourages everyone to buy locally because of this.  It has always been and will always be up to the dealer's discretion who they service.  And actually other large RV manufacturers have these same statements on their own websites about buying from local dealers.
Cap-n-Cray View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by blackcat

We had a completely different experience at Poulsbo RV in Auburn. We had done our reserch on rPods and had pretty much decided on one. We told the salesman that we would not be buying that day, but were pressured and pressured to purchase immediately. Then, they tried to push us into their in house financing instead of paying cash. Despite the pushy tactics, we called to ask if they would match the price on a 2015 that we found in Oregon. They would not so we bough the rPod elsewhere. After a few days, I received an unprofessional e-mail from the service manager at Poulsbo RV telling me what a mistake I had made, asking me to back out of the deal I had already made, implying I could not have my rPod serviced with them, and saying that I made his salesman feel bad. 

I had also been speaking with a salesman at Poulsbo RV in Kent. He apologized for not having the exact model we wanted and for not being able to match the price. He was polite and professional.

I had the same experience at Poulsbo RV in Fife. I ended up buying in Post Falls, ID and saved a lot of money. But now I have some warranty work I need done and I don't want to get near them or have them work on my Rpod.

What to do?
Cary
2014 RP-177
blackcat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 5:08pm
I don't think I would want Poulsbo RV to do warranty work on my R-Pod if I could help it. Besides my crummy experience with them I have read many negative reviews about their terrible service. 

I am not sure what we'll end up doing if we need warranty work- either take a trip to Oregon or suck it up and pay to have it done by someone who I know will do a good job.
2015 R-Pod 177
2008 Dodge Ram 2500
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>