R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMod questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mod questions
    Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 10:30pm
Ouch! Hope not. I did have one bounce off the wallmount coming home Thursday.
Marx View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 9:45am
Originally posted by techntrek

Member Outbound used 3/4" molly bolts, I believe the ones I used were 1 or 1 1/4".

Thanks I think that's the route I'll go.  Much appreciated!  Now any thoughts on the spare tire bike mount on the back anyone?
2014 R-POD 177
Marx View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 3:59pm
Well I took the plunge and put in a permanent mod!  My wife was unsure about my putting it in but it came out well.  I went with basically the same setup as a member from "the other site" lol with the Roth and Allen shelf.  My set up was a bit more challenging as I wasn't able to find molly bolts at Lowes even after asking.  They did have toggle bolts so I figured why not.  Well long story short use the molly bolts, the toggle ones are fine but it's a challenging fit with the balancing act of attaching the shelf and stuff.  On a separate note the L brackets at the store had to modified to work which was kind of a pain.  Overall though it looks really good and is super sturdy.  Here are some pics for individuals thinking about doing this mod themselves.

The top and below pic show the struggles of the L bracket adjustment.  Had to straighten it out a good bit.  Makes me wish I had a garage lol.  Eventually got them where I wanted so the shelf would be level as well as flattening it out more.

Finished product came out well, now we can store some clothes and other misc items above the bed instead of under it.

2014 R-POD 177
ahefner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 4:48pm
I am planning this as well. Just gathering my thoughts and parts for a bit first.
2014 rPod 178
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12