R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR-Dome skirt installation - Event Date: 21 Jul 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: R-Dome skirt installation
    Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 10:59am
Hello.
I searched this, no luck, if I missed it, sorry.

My 171 has a strip for the R-dome skirt that ends at the fender, both ways. Threading the skirt thru the wheel well, it will be unsupported and has to pass by the 'insulation' of some wiring and I don't think it would go by (but I may be wrong about that, it's tight).

As an alternative, I'm thinking of bridging the gap of the wheel well by a separate rectangular sheet of no-see-um proof netting pushed close to the body of the trailer, with a cut for the axle, suspended by a cord thru button holes at each end of the mosquito netting strip and tied above the fender on the outside surface.

Does this sound like it won't work?? Is there a better way? (If covered already, just give me the topic's 'address')
Thanks to all,

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 4:42pm
We just cut ours in two pieces, and left a flap that can be closed with velcro . We slide one piece from the front, one from the rear. overlap the flap under the axle, attach velcro to itself. We also cut and hemmed a slot for the steps.
 Post Reply Post Reply