R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBlack Water Flush

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Water Flush
    Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 7:09pm
Earlier this week I wrote we had a problem with water coming in along the wall of the shower stall when my husband wanted to flush the blank water tank. Took it to the dealer on Monday and was just advised they have filled tanks and done every thing and can not reproduce the problem for warranty work. The valve under the sink in bathroom was fine. Service Manager wants him to return to dealership in the morning and show them what he was doing when it happened. Any further comments would be appreciated.    
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 7:35pm
Did he have the black water tank valve open while he was flushing the tank?
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
3ofUs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 8:59pm
No. I called FR thinking that is what caused the leak and was told that the cap remains on when rinsing otherwise all the liquid will leave and the solid will remain on the floor of the tank. My husband went to the dealer this morning and re-created the same senario only this time camper was not quit level and water started pouring outside under the tub area. We heavily winterized this winter and our camper sits inside a storage unit. Something is definitely broken, they don't know what. So we wait. Husband thinks the shower stall will have to be removed. I'd rather turn it in and start over, but financially that is not possible.
Budward View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 2:44am
You don't say which rpod you have.  On my 179 the input connector for the black water flush is on the curb side, same as the bathroom.
So-  My guess would be the connection/hose to the black flush inlet.   Did they pull the connection off the side and check?
Personally I have never seen the need for a black tank flush device anyway.  I've owned many campers over the last 40 years and never had one before and IMO never needed one.
I personally do not understand the RV worlds fascination with having a super clean black tank...and since FR put it on the wrong side of the 179's it is a PITA to use anyway.
2014 179
Towed by a 2015 Ford Transit Diesel
Supervised by a German/Aussie mix and a Labradoodle!
3ofUs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 6:59am
Hi Budward, we have the 2011 182G that we picked up in the summer of 2013. We were out twice before winterizing, a total of 9 days and last week another five. Our weather has been any thing but desirable this season. My husband said his fix to the problem was not use the darn thing. We just don't know if something else is broken but had not seen water until he tried the flush. Like you we have been camping since 1978 and from 1989 until 2004 owned 6 motor homes no such animal on any of these coaches. I've been thinking we should just leave it alone, but then if we trade it, we would want to tell the new owner about it. Who knows, maybe the previous owner experienced this problem but did not disclose.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 7:52am
The plumbing for the BW flush is pretty straight forward, and all accessible with out removing the shower stall. The biggest reported problem with them has been reversed one-way-valves. There are a couple connections that can come loose, but again, not to hard to get to. I do believe most people who have them don't use them.
 Post Reply Post Reply