Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew owner rpod expandable - Event Date: 06 Jul 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: New owner rpod expandable
    Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 11:23am
Hi everyone, I am a new member here. After much research we have purchased a used 2010 rpod 173T expandable. It is perfect in every way and exactly what I wanted - except the tent bed is not the measurement provided in the floor plan. The size is actually 63x48 vs the floor plan which shows 74"x60" which is what I need it to be.  74 x 48 would work fine as a correction. Really cute trailer, but I know there must be a company correction for it. It is a 2010, but the reg says 2011. I am preparing to contact the company to ask for their help😄 I never thought to measure it. I know we can combine the couch with the tent bed but I'm wondering if anybody has heard back from Forest River on it.  The other beds are 74", the width of the trailer, but the tent loses 11 inches due to back hatch design there is a part there-  not sure what to call it.  I am a analyst by nature and I know there is a fix for everything☺️  We are already planning a road trip, and we are super happy about it.  I am planning on having a sink installed, adding a back up camera, and would like to fix the tent bed. It could be that it is missing a platform or there is something I'm doing wrong or overlooking. 
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 2:30pm
Welcome to the group!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Outbackdave View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 2:55pm
Welcome to the group. We too just purchased a 2010 176 T. Have had it out twice. Great camper. Ours did not come with a mattress for the tent bed. We purchased a futon mattress from Walamrt online. Full size and we sleep lengthwise. When we fold up it fits over dinette cushions . We also fold it under for a back rest when using table or lounge area. Works great.. Did your have bunks up front and entertainment center?
Happy Podding.
176T, Dodge Dakota TV,
South Carolina
Dave,Mary and Olivia(sheltie)
Suzuki V-Strom Adventure,
Custom built TearDrop
Orangecrush View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 11:44pm
We do not have bunks and entertainment center -our model has the dinette and couch, and then tent. I think the tent is supposed to be a queen size -not sure what happened there.  Is like new  😄 
Seanl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 8:24am
I don't know about the width but you do know that couch has to be folded down to get the full length. I don't have the tent version but I looked at it before I bought mine. 
Sean, 2011 Rpod RP-173,2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition
ToddLat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 9:02pm
Hi orangecrush and welcome to the forum and to podding!!  We have a 176T and the tent bed is ment to sleep end to end and not side to side. The bed hangs onto the dinette as mentioned above by outbackdave. We have a queen mattress (from our sleeper sofa) that we use. Fold it in half, into the tent, during the day and convert the dinette into our u shape with our mod that can be found on the forum.  I am sure that you will find this much more comfortable then trying to sleep side to side as a queen mattress does fit!

Todd
Todd and Beth
2013 RP 176 T
2013 Nissan Pathfinder
 Post Reply Post Reply