R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWater leak while driving

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Outbound View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water leak while driving
    Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 9:16am
To tell you the truth, I expect that the water is coming up from the road as opposed to down from the roof.

You've said that you've checked the hatch seals, but how about fully replacing them?  Are you sure that the seals around the slide are well fit and sealing properly?  Have you checked around pipes (like where the lines for the low point drains drop through the floor?

Finally (and I say this only because it happened to me) - are you sure that the water is coming in at the rear of your trailer?  Are you sure water isn't migrating down the hallway?  Have you checked the seal at the bottom of the door?
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
shroomer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 8:03am
2 ideas not particularly based on experience…
1. It's not from the rain - and the area isn't far from the hot water heater and other water lines. Could it be plumbing? Might want to pop the plywood under the mattress and check.
2. It is the rain - get out your hose and start spraying while your partner checks for leakage.
Larry and Debbie w/Rosie the mutt. Old: '13 177, '06 Silverado V6
New: '15 Whitehawk 20MRB '14 Silverado V8
MontanaPodder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 1:10am
Well, 15 nights in our 2013 177 so far and no issues with systems or appliances so that's good. 

Fighting water leaking issues though. Seems to be only when i am driving in the rain. Substantial water coming into the baggage area under the rear bed. Checked all seals, re caulked windows etc including removing and re sealing the spoiler. 

I've pulled the trailer apart and spent many many hours trying to find the source. Haven't gotten anywhere. 

We purchased the trailer this spring from a couple who claimed to have only used it a couple weeks total with no issues. 

My local dealer is not much help and I'm out of the one year warranty.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am at my wits end. This is our first trailer and a big purchase for my girlfriend and I and it has been so disappointing seeing the on going water issues and subsequent damage to the cheap paper veneered interior wood like panels, down along the floor. 

Thanks in advance.

Austin 
Just Purchased a 2013 Rpod 177!
-Austin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12