Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCouch's RV Nation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couch's RV Nation
    Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 11:39am
Just some feedback and personal experience on Couch's RV Nation in Ohio.  I purchased an Rpod 178 from them earlier this year (2014).  I had them deliver the pod to my home so I didn't have a chance to inspect it.  Luckily the Pod was in decent condition when it arrived.  Just a few weird things I noticed, like missing screws and strange holes in the bottom of the Rpod but nothing that would affect it's normal operation.  Based on the past posts on this Forum, these things seem to be normal quality issues experienced with trailers in this price range.

The sales price I got from Couch's was good but my biggest disappointment has been the lackluster customer support in getting spare parts.  Originally the Pod was missing the Rdome I ordered with it and it took over a month for them to send it to me.  Over the course of the last few months, I also asked for spare screws, plastic bumpers and other small missing parts for the shades and these request were either denied or took a lot of emails and phone calls before they finally sent them to me.

I guess the sum of my experience with them is decent prices but not very good customer support. 

I hope this helps someone.

kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:34pm
have heard a lot of this lately, once they sell a Pod they kind of abandon their owners.  no longer their problem it seems!
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:43pm
I can understand the month to get the Dome, the dealers get larger parts like that as part of pod shipments from the factory.  They are thrown inside a pod that is headed for the dealer.  My dome arrived this way - it arrived inside a shipment of 3 pods as we were going through our delivery checkout, so they sent us to a local ice cream shop while they installed the snaps on the wall (which aren't used anymore, a good thing).  So it is likely they had to wait for it, then re-ship it to you.  That said, the dealer should have the option of paying the factory to ship it directly, IMO.

The smaller parts shouldn't require jumping through hoops.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
cody91 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:59pm
Techntrek,

I was being kind on the Dome shipment. I think it was almost 2 months before I got it because they wanted me to search and check if the Dome was hidden somewhere in the Pod and they didn't answer my initial emails and phone calls.

It almost seems like a little game they play.  You send them an email - they don't respond.  You then call them and they say they'll ship it out in a few days - it never arrives (and no shipment confirmation).  You call again - they say they'll ship it out - doesn't arrive.  You escalate to management (aka Jeff).  He calls you but claims he doesn't know anything about the issue but agress to look into it.  End result - No support or very little.

My 2 cents.

Ed
ahefner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 3:17pm
I bought my rPod from them and haven't had any problems so I haven't had to call or email them asking for something. But I did get a call the next day from them asking if everything was still good and if I made it home without any problems. About three weeks later I got email asking if I was enjoying the rPod and if I had any problems to be sure to call them and let them know. About a month after that I got another email following up and reminding me if i had any issues or questions not to hesitate to call them.

I have never had a company contact me and make sure that I made it home safe and sound, more less follow up after the purchase to make sure I didn't have any questions regarding the purchase.

My experience so far with the camper is that screws do come undone. Had to redrill the holes that mounts the microwave flange to the microwave. Had to tighten a couple screws on the door handle latch. Each time I find a screw loose or gone I simply replace it with a little silicone on the threads. That seems to keep it from backing out a second time.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues out of your camper but hopefully with a little luck and maintenance it will work itself out.
2014 rPod 178
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7
Newsguy12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 5:17pm
That was certainly not my experience with Couch's when I bought my 179 a few months ago.  They went above and beyond to help me solve a problem that ended up not being theirs or even Forest River's but the fault of a third party adaptor harness for the brake controller...which came cross-wired out of the box. Troubleshooting the problem and a call to the company rep finally solved the problem.  Here's the kicker, I didn't buy the harness from Couch's...I bought it from Amazon...and they knew that.  I bought at Couch's for the outstanding price--not the customer service.  In my case, I got both.
Ram 1500
5.7L V-8 Hemi
2015 R-Pod 179
Hairy Podders View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 10:04pm
Not my experience either. I had a propane regulator start leaking 2 months after purchase. The local Forest River dealer(that does NOT sell Rpods) wouldn't even look at it for 3 weeks. I emailed Brannon at Couch's, who we bought the Pod from. He shipped a new replacement out the next morning. I had it the day after that. 2 weeks later we hauled the Pod to Colorado, with no more issues.
Newsguy; We camped up at Browns Creek for 2 days a week ago. I also saw the river rafting bus that was in the accident with the big RV on 285 by Nathrop....Small World.
Darryl, Julie & Lindsey
Cooper & Libby- Devoted Canines
2014 RP178
2006 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Newsguy12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 10:14am
Small world, indeed!  We live in the next canyon north of Browns Creek, Chalk Creek Canyon!  I've only seen two Pods since we returned here in May.  If I would have seen you, I would have stopped and said Hi!  I saw an HRE (think it was a 178) going into our canyon yesterday, but I couldn't get his attention.  We certainly hope you enjoyed our beautiful country up here.  It's truly gorgeous. We spent the weekend dry camping outside of Saguache with two couples who had 35 foot fifth wheels.  We gave them a tour of the Pod.  Both said..."it is very cute."  Meaning, "OMG, how can you camp with something so small!"  It's perfect for us.  We love it.  One thing we didn't love was the R-Dome. We set it up for the first time tho weekend.  It will be on eBay soon.  Nothing wrong with it, but not to our taste.  I'm waiting for that enterprising inventor who will figure out how to put an awning on a Pod.
Thanks for the post...if we would have known you were in the area, we would have invited you for coffee.  Safe Travels.  
Ram 1500
5.7L V-8 Hemi
2015 R-Pod 179
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 10:41am
Re Kymooses - I'm not sure 'hear say' is really helpful. Personally, I have had a few miscommunications with Couch's but compared to other travel trailer dealers I've had dealings with, they are as satisfactory as I could hope for.
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 11:26am
    I would agree with everyone's positive comments with Couch's RV and what I have read in past posts from others there have been a lot of good comments said regarding Couch's RV. We bought our r-pod from them back in 2009 and they were very pleasant to do business with.    
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>