Topic ClosedCouch's RV Nation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couch's RV Nation
    Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 9:56am
Does your town & country handle the rpod well?
Do you think it can get through the rocky mountains without problems?
How much gas mileage do you get towing it?
Did you install heavy duty cooling for the engine or trans?
Do tou need a sway control device?
Do you need a weight distribution device?
malkbean2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 8:10am
here's my 2 cents for what its worth.
1.Buy from a local dealer even if costs more they seem to honor their own sales.
2. TT dealers dont seem to like doing waranttee work if bought from other dealers but seem to intensely  hate Couchs and hate to honor waranttee work if bought from Couchs
3. Lots of little things and some big things go wrong with new TTs so waranttee repair access is important.
4. A Couch's guy called me after I bought from Pontiac RV at a huge discount and snidely hung up on me after he asked and i told him I got a better deal at Pontiac RV in Illinois - very very glad I did not buy there.
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 8:34am
There is a lot to be said for buying locally. We have developed a really good relationship with our local dealer and have been treated pretty good on warranty issues and service.
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Tintin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 11:05am
I realize the previous comments regarding Couch RV date back to 2014, so somewhat of an update.  I  bought a 179 from them last week.  After shopping around locally, in Twin Cities market, and looking at this forum, I landed upon Couch.   When we arrived, they did a decent job of going through the Rpod, showing us the various features.  At our first stop that night back to the Twin Cities, we could not get the fridge to come on, the light under the dinette did not work and one of the pieces of trim around the dinette set was loose and the cover of the gas canister cover had blown off.  I assume the kid showing us the camper did not tighten it down all the way and wind did it's job.   I ended up calling, leaving a message on the Couch voice-mail line, nobody responded on the Friday or Saturday. I sent an email to the sales rep, then called him Monday and he connected me with a warranty guy at Couch.  Initially, he was a bit vague on how all was to be handled, but after some discussion on my second call to him I pushed for specific answers, he informed me he would mail me a new hatch cover for the gas cover, which came last night.  He said I could take the Rpod to any Forest River dealer close to me for the fridge.  He suggested for the loose trim I use a finish nail or two.  The dinette light he advised twisting it a bit. I tried briefly, but will have to fool with it more later. I set an appointment for June 5 at a dealership in Twin Cities.   I have a friend who is geekier than me look at fridge.  He tested outlets with multi-meter, we have power, same with 12V.  Fridge  does not come on, no lights on panel. Could not find anything which looked like a fuse in the back of the fridge, I assume they look like a small tube about 2" or 3" long.  I will see what dealer  says about fridge.  It is covered by warranty.  Just a bit frustrating. Overall, I would say Couch is ok, but again, I did have to push for specific answers. I told the guy I wanted confirmation that my file was not just sitting on his "in" basket.  He assured me that was not the case, but it seemed like squeaky wheel which got the grease. I find it a bit odd they simply tell the customer to try this or that to do repairs, you would think they would be all apologetic, maybe telling me they will send me a free left-handed wachamigggy for my hassle or something.  Instead, he was  reluctantly helpful. Like I was putting him out  for asking him to do his job.  As an aside, as a kid growing up in the early 60's I delivered the Minneapolis Star newspaper.  I was taught to place the paper between the screen door and the storm door so that when customer opened the front door a dry (no plastic bags then) paper would slide down in front of his feet with the headlines facing him.  If I ever strayed from that level of service, I would hear about it.  My response was to apologize and make sure I had my act together in the future.  Was a great lesson in quality control and customer service.  Maybe RV dealers should have been paperboys and we would get better service.
Tintin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 11:13am
Sorry, one edit to my post above, I need to learn to look at subsequent pages on forum, I now see there are posts on this topic up to May of 2017. Sorry for confusion.  
NHpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 8:00pm
I am looking at the Couch site at a 179. The price is stated as less than $16,369. It lists the equipment below. Is this all standard or optional?

interior Decor: Stone
  • Interior Luxury Package 
    • Jensen “Blue Tooth” AM/FM/CD/DVD Stereo w/Remote Control
    • Two Interior Stereo Speakers
    • Pleated Night Shades
    • Shaker Style Cabinet Doors With Residential Hidden Hinges
    • 6 Gallon DSI Hot Water Heater
    • 2 Burner Cooktop
    • 4 Speed MaxxAir Fan
    • 3.7 cu. ft. 3 Way Refrigerator
    • Cargo Netting
  • Exterior Luxury Package 
    • Two Exterior Stereo Speakers
    • Dual Battery Rack
    • 20# Lp Bottle w/ABS Hard Cover
    • Front And Rear Stabilizer Jacks
    • Spare Tire Carrier, & Cover
    • Folding Assist Grab Handle
    • Tinted Safety Glass Windows
    • Independent Torsion Axle With Ultra-lube Hubs
    • Aluminum Rims
    • Detachable 30 Amp Power Cord
    • Black Tank Flush
    • TV Antenna
    • Magnetic Baggage Door Catches
  • Camper Friendly Package 
    • Go Power Solar Charge Port
    • Outside Shower
    • LED Light
    • Recessed Cook Top w/Glass Cover
    • Seamless Kitchen Countertops w/Stainless Steel Undermount Sink
    • Recessed Sink Cover &
    • EZ Glide Dinette Table
    • Friction Hinged Entrance Door
    • LP Quick Disconnect
    • 15” Tires
  • 13.5K Low Profile Air Conditioner Bedroom
  • Convection Microwave Oven
  • 24” LED Flat Screen TV
  • Power Tongue Jack
  • Thule Awning
  • RVIA Seal

The RV Nation Advantage Features included with every new RV Purchase!

• 12V Deep Cycle Battery - Free!
  • Propane in Tanks - Free!
  • Dealer Prep - Free!
  • North American Service Network - Free!
ToolmanJohn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 8:52pm
NH pod, email Couches and ask them, they will tell you what is included.
2017 ATC 7X20 Custom Toy Hauler
2013 R-Pod 177 (SOLD)
2013 VW Touareg TDI
NHpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Leo B

There is a lot to be said for buying locally. We have developed a really good relationship with our local dealer and have been treated pretty good on warranty issues and service.
Leo, I live about 75 miles SE of you in Campton, NH. What is the name of the dealer you bought your Pod from? 
Subzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 8:43am
Bought our 179 from Couch's last month.   Yes, all of that equipment is standard.  And we even negotiated down to around $15k plus doc and tax because we were traveling from NC to get there.  Couldn't find a cheaper price anywhere else...the difference justified the long trip!
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
smedleyludlow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 10:21am
We bought a 2017 178 from Couch this past November.  Everything you list was standard (for them), and we paid 14K.  Not happy with the Thule awning. It is tiny, flimsy and the 3rd time we used it an arm broke. $100 to replace it if we can't get it replaced under warranty.
Projects take longer than expected, cost more than expected and will go wrong at the worst time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>