FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCouch's RV Nation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couch's RV Nation
    Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Leighbeelu

Hello Blues Pod, Can you tell me who your salesman was as I am purchasing from Couch's right now and they are saying that the starter kit is not included. I can't believe that these necessary items are not included with the sale. Thank you, Leigh

It's only about $30.00-50.00 bucks worth of swag, you can buy it all at Walmart at your first stop...don't let it kill your buzz. Big smile
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
Kickstart View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 12:34pm
Podster is correct, and they usually give you such low quality stuff in the starter kit that it's not really worthwhile. None of us want a crappy (so to speak) sewer hose. One RV retailer we bought from handled it differently and gave us a $100 store credit so that we could choose what we needed/liked. That was much preferable.
'10 RP 175-Replaced by 2014 Kodiak 173 QBSL
'12 Toyota Tundra
'05 Sportster (half a Harley)
Retired-We're on Beach Time!
Leighbeelu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 12:38pm
Thanks for the input. What is the best sewer set up to purchase then? I am getting delivery on Thursday and taking it out on Friday so I want to make sure I have everything necessary.
Kickstart View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 1:00pm
I've had good luck with Rhinoflex--good quality, reasonable price, and easy to add additional length when you take care of the Pod short storage tube!
'10 RP 175-Replaced by 2014 Kodiak 173 QBSL
'12 Toyota Tundra
'05 Sportster (half a Harley)
Retired-We're on Beach Time!
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 2:36pm
Walmart seriously has a very good selection. Chalks, Shims, Bubble Levels, Leveling Block and Pads, Toilet Chems, Paper, Fresh water hoses, Sewer hoses, 90º for Sewer Hoses, Black Tank Flush Wand, 90º (elbow) Water Attachment, City Water "Y" Splitter, Water Filters, Step Rug Cover, folding Patio Mat, POD bath brush, Blow Out Valve Attachment, and more and it's quality. AND the best part is that Walmart will take ANYTHING back. The RV section is located in automotive, all in one spot and it's good stuff. You can even get Coupler and Hitch Locks in the trailer section. Groceries, then hit the Red Box on the way out. Don't forget the grease gun! Good luck! Have fun! Thumbs Up
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Kickstart

Podster is correct, and they usually give you such low quality stuff in the starter kit that it's not really worthwhile. None of us want a crappy (so to speak) sewer hose. One RV retailer we bought from handled it differently and gave us a $100 store credit so that we could choose what we needed/liked. That was much preferable.

So true, although I appreciated it, the sewer hose I received with my POD was equipped with the black tank connection only, nothing for the dump station side, just hose. Does anybody really just stick the hose into the dump station? ewww...
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
Luv2Q View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 3:09pm
A "Sanitube" (dwincorp.com) - or something similar to store the sewer hose - is a worthwhile addition, too.
John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
E2 WDH / Integrated controller (POS) replaced by Tekonsha P3
Fly Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 8:39am
I bought the 20' RhinoFlex hose for mine. I am picking up my unit from Couch's on Saturday. Charles was my salesman and I am not getting a starter kit as well. I have been buying stuff off Amazon, RV Upgrades and Camping World since I made my down payment. Search this site for items you will need as well as the Pod Owners Facebook page.
2015 R178 R-Pod
1998 Chevy Silverado 1500
2005 Ford Escape
HuronSailor View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 9:27am
Podster has it right, the starter kit is not a deal breaker. Our starter kit was pretty much junk. Rhinoflex is the way to go with the sewer hose. 
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
Jay in Maryland View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 9:45am
I drove my kids ~8 hours from our home in MD to Couch's to pick up our r-pod 179 (made the $1000 deposit in February) on April 1, 2015, worried I might indeed end up feeling foolish on that day. 

At this time I am pleased with my decision to use Couch's. The dealership and town was a bit run down and rough looking, -but I guess that helps explain why their prices are able to be several thousands below dealers closer to my home. The deal I got was exactly what I had arranged, there were no bad surprises. There was a small effort to sell me extra insurance coverage's and special sealants for thousands more, but this was not a hard sale. 

I got to take my time a look the pod over and test everything except water related items. Mitch, the employee explaining everything to a newbie and his kids, did a commendable job. 

My salesmen Ray Crain suggested that I bring a cashiers check instead of wiring funds, -and I should have taken his advice. However,  my bank encouraged me to wire the funds saying cashiers checks are more problematic. I made the wire at 12:30 pm and my bank provided me both the Federal Reserve wire transaction number and the receipt number provided by Jeff Couch's bank saying they had received the funds at 12:30. Yet Couch's dealership said they had no record of the funds until about 4 pm that afternoon. This left me and the kids waiting for several hours and planing to spend the night in Hamilton. So we were happy when told we could leave the dealership around 5 that first day, but our travel plans were limited by the late hour. My advice is to take a cashiers check like your salesmen suggests!

I will post a review of the pods initial quality after I have had more time to study it. I have some initial issues I will ask about after locating the appropriate forum location.

But long story short I think I saved at least 3-4 thousand by driving from MD over Couchs for my r-pod purchase.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>