R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCover for 2014 R Pod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cover for 2014 R Pod
    Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 2:05pm
We would like to know how one covers a 2014 R Pod am concerned about the antenna on the new models can anyone help with ideas thanks
3ofUs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 8:38am
We have a cover, but never use it. Our concern was a previous experience with covering our Corvette on a carport and the wind blistered the fiberglass. Instead we choose to pay monthly rent to put in an RV storage unit.
GingerPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 10:45pm
In my opinion a cover for the RPOD is a no brainer if it is to be stored outside in the elements....

To answer your question,the cover designed for the RPOD fits over the AC and TV antennae just fine.

Additionally, the Gel Coat finish is MUCH more durable and resistant to abrasions as opposed to any Vehicle paint finish.

Generally speaking,storing a painted vehicle outside under a cover in not recommended,but Boats and RV's are.
FOUND OUR NEW-RETRO TEARDROP!!!
3ofUs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 6:32am
Good information, GingerPod. Wish I had known my carport would be such a wind tunnel was the reason for the burned finish from the car cover.
Bulldogpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 7:23am
We had the same concerns about our cover. We covered our 178 for the first time since getting it in June this past weekend. We kept looking at the antenna thinking there must be some way it retracts or something. It seems very flimsy! There are lots of smart people on this forum that probably have better advice, but we tied a couple of strings/twine to either end of the cover and ran it front to back over the pod. We are not very tall, so my husband stood on a ladder to get it started and to guide it over the antenna and air conditioner while I pulled the other side. It worked great. After we figured that out, it only took a few minutes to do and then secure. Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply