R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed179 Manual Slide Out Operation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 179 Manual Slide Out Operation?
    Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by MoggerPod

The system shown in the video is not even close to what is in my 2014 177.

This system and the video and any information here is for the 179 slideout only.  It is the only slideout of it's type in any Rpod at this time.

Every other Pod somewhere in your slide in a cabinet or somewhere under the fridge etc will have a manual option on it.  Takes the same size socket as your stabilizers.  Some can even use their stabilizer crank to do it manually.  Others are a more tight fit and need other tools.
CO_PILOT View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 11:32am

The video presenter ends with the phrase "Just that easy."  

Sheesh, sure it's 'easy' - on a prepared display unit sitting at eye level.  In the real world, say, on the road in the rain at night, that demo guy would have needed a ladder, flashlight, and  three hands to find the little screw to disengage the motor etc etc.

Also, cryptic flashing codes from the controller module likely impossible to deal with while standing on ones head bent under the counter or wherever they've hidden it.

I'll take the "old-style" manual, mechanical screw device on my RP-178 thank you.

2014 R-Pod 178 -- 2012 Honda Pilot

Roadwise Wisdom for both Bikers and Froggers alike:
http://www.dansher.com/bikequotes.html
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 2:40pm
   It sounds like it may be the same slide used in the Lance campers, there has been problems with theirs. If it's the same you need to cut two by fours to brace it while traveling if it is broken. And theirs is difficult to push closed manually. I agree the old style with a manual crank sounds a lot less complicated fewer problems. Wonder why Forest River has made the change it sounds like it may be a higher priced slide there must be some advantages.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Budward View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 5:46pm
LOL  I posted a few weeks back about no manual on the Schwintek slide and how I searched one out online before I needed itBig smile

http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1723&KW=slide&PID=45352&title=creating-an-instruction-maintenance-manual#45352

Just got back from a week of r-pod-ing and my 179 slide made a strange sound this morning while retracting it-   need to go check it out now that I'm home-   did NOT want to put it back out to check while on the road.
2014 179
Towed by a 2015 Ford Transit Diesel
Supervised by a German/Aussie mix and a Labradoodle!
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Budward

LOL  I posted a few weeks back about no manual on the Schwintek slide and how I searched one out online before I needed itBig smile

http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1723&KW=slide&PID=45352&title=creating-an-instruction-maintenance-manual#45352

Just got back from a week of r-pod-ing and my 179 slide made a strange sound this morning while retracting it-   need to go check it out now that I'm home-   did NOT want to put it back out to check while on the road.

I got this passed to me from someone in the know.  But this manual and troubleshooting error code thing has recently come up as of Friday for the slides.  May or may not help you but it's currently what is available and new.

Lemonhead View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 1:51pm
The YouTube video for the manual operation of the slide out on the 179 is no longer available.
Does anyone have it downloaded and saved, or have written instructions for manually retracting the slide?
Much Thanks
Lemonhead View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 3:21pm
The link to the video is no longer working. Are there any other videos or perhaps some written instructions. The manual that came with my 179 only describes a cranking mechanism, which I gather from the forum is not applicable for the 179.
Anna and Kevin
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Lemonhead

The link to the video is no longer working. Are there any other videos or perhaps some written instructions. The manual that came with my 179 only describes a cranking mechanism, which I gather from the forum is not applicable for the 179.

hammockmadness View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 6:47am
Here are some great videos that Lippert did with maintenance and operational information for the Schwintek slide system.  

Lubrication of the mechanism:    http://youtu.be/8KbVRFMo1Rg

Manual override:   http://youtu.be/bGL4aILZYcY

Retiming:   http://youtu.be/hSafAnjxIV4
pnwcamper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 10:40am
This photo is from my 2014 177 and was taken from the inside looking into the slide-out. I was laying on the floor.

I assume this is the manual slide-out control one would use for opening or closing the slideout if the battery control stopped working?

2014 R-Pod 177
2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4.0 V6
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>