R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedsatalite tv via dish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: satalite tv via dish
    Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 10:10am
has anyone out there have dish satalite hooked up on their r-pod?  might be getting one need to understand cable wiring already installed.  out side hook up shows 2 ports.  does one go to inside and other go to garage?  inside hook up shows satalite   behind tv, garage hook up only shows antenna.  my issue is potable unit has 2 connections for 2 tv,s in order to watch deferent channels oneach tv they need to be hooked up seperately.  can i make in work with wiring i already have or  does something need to be added.  any help on this would be appreciated.  r-podder carole gunderson
VANILLAPUDDIN
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 10:45am
To use a sat dish, you hook up to the outside point marked "satellite" and then DON'T push the little button inside that says antenna. That button turns on the booster for the built in antenna, and switches the circuit inside the plate. The two outside connections are for satellite and cable.

To watch two TV's on different channels, you will have to run an extra rg6 cable from the output of the dish box or dish, to the second TV. Not elegant, but the only way.
CAROLE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 11:29am
the 2 outside connections for satellite and cable, are they marked as to which one is used for each? camper not home? the new satellite system were looking at already has 2 connec tions for 2 tv's.  so what your thinking is we will need to install a second satellite connection for for the garage at the rear.  what you already told me has been helpful.  carole
VANILLAPUDDIN
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 12:26pm
Ours are marked satellite and cable. I don't know that I would bother with installing a new wall connection and running a drop.. I would just run the rg6 from the receiver to the second TV..

For me this is all kind of hypothetical.. we very rarely watch the TV, (and two channels at once??) have only once hooked up to cable. In fact I moved it (the dvd/radio/tv thing) last year, and have, as of yet, not actually hooked it back up to the jack. LOL. We carry a couple DVD's, in case of an extended rainy camping trip, but mostly read, play games, etc if inside the pod. Outside most of the time. We do use the radio side of it sometimes. But it doesn't need anything but electricity for that. Smile
CAROLE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 12:50pm
thank you so much for all the info. you gave me lots to think about.  at least now i understand how the system works.  hope to meet you at the kentucky get together in june.  carole
VANILLAPUDDIN
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 1:38pm
Are you registered for the ERU yet? There are only a couple sites left in the loops we reserved, after that it will be random poddness in the rest of the campground.. 
Hawkeyes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 1:24pm
We have hooked up the dish to the outside satellite connection. How does the inside work?
Hawkpod
2013 Surveyor Sport 189
2017 Chevy Silverado
CAROLE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 6:21pm
have not hooked up yet, my understanding wire from dish to trailer where it says satillite, tv in trailer also hooked to plug that says satillite make sure button for booster in trailer is not on.  hope this helps.  carole
VANILLAPUDDIN
CAROLE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 6:36pm
are you referring to elkhart frog rally have  been signed up since feb.?
VANILLAPUDDIN
Hawkeyes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 7:13pm
So on the inside there is a plate that has tv 1 and satellite connections. Tv 1already had something. Do I run a connection from satellite to the receiver in?
Hawkpod
2013 Surveyor Sport 189
2017 Chevy Silverado
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>