Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJohn's RV in Lexington SC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: John's RV in Lexington SC
    Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 10:47am
We bought our 178 at John's RV in Lexington SC. He is the easiest person to deal with. He matched the best price I could find for 400 miles around the my Columbia SC address. No hidden fees. Simple and easy.

One example of how easy he is to deal with. I had a squirrel chew a hole in my gas line. Camping world did not have the correct line. (Too short and the wrong connection) I decided to run by John's. He did not have one in stock, so took one off another trailer and sold it to me for $15. Cheaper than camping world.

I deal with Ron, he is John's son.
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 6:40pm
Sounds like an excellent dealership! Got to like the places that take care of their customers!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Budward View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 2:20am
Interesting to hear their attitude has changed.  I can say from experience they didn't used to be so well thought of. 
I've tried off and on for over 30 years to buy from them and never could- either I could beat their price by a lot or something-   case in point 2 years ago we were shopping for an Aliner and were looking at one there- salesman came out and in mid-sale left to take a phone call inside and never came back!  His marked price was discounted some but not near what I found elsewhere, but we never got to the point of negotiating with our salesman disappearing!
Ended up getting one hundreds of miles away for a much lower price and I live 5 miles from John's!

Another time I bought a travel trailer from another local dealer when John's had the same one for hundreds more and wouldn't budge even $10. Oh well.

Fast forward to today-  I pick up my new 179 in Greenville today when John's has the same one sitting on their lot- didn't even bother to go there.Embarrassed

Moderator-  I'm new here so if this post is inappropriate for this site then feel free to remove.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 7:49am
That's exactly the feedback we look for here.  Good and bad.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
ron/roscoe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 11:38am
Ron Rowland
Jewel59 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 8:01pm
I bought my Rpod from John's RV.   I'm from Columbia, SC.  It's not a fancy place but they got the job done.  I got the 180 I wanted at a fair price with the rdome thrown in at half cost.  With that said I have had a couple warranty issues emerge and I'm waiting to see how they handle those.  I just got my Rpod about a month and a half ago and love it.  I dealt with Matt, nice guy.  They were also very patient with all the hitch issues I was having.
c-pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 8:43pm
This is where we are looking right now. Its a little under 3 hours away and they have been great over the phone and through email. Some of the Google reviews complain about the service but I know how more people complain online reviews than normal experience.   Anyone care to comment on their service. Worth buying from? They also deal airstream now which is how we first came in contect with then before shifting our focus to Rpod
 Post Reply Post Reply