R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Rpod Owners in Bozeman MT!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Rpod Owners in Bozeman MT!
    Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 5:05pm
I'm a close neighbor in Butte, and have also just purchased my first RPod, a 2011 172, I'll be pulling it with my Subaru Outback, which I just put a tow package on.  Sway bars will be a requirement, I'm sure. 

New to the single world after being married for 37 years, so my collies Blue and Takoda will be accompanying me wherever I go.

I believe I'm going to call it the "colliePod"

My Ex and have have camped at many of those locations, Mammoth is awesome in the fall when the elk are bugling, however I'll probably stay close by in the Big Hole Valley my first year, util I get used to being sola with a RV.

Can't wait to start podding!!!!!
headcold View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 6:29pm
Butte, U.S.A!  Welcome aboard.
jkwoods View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 10:02am
ColliePod here in Butte, MT again.    Hope to get my Pod this weekend, yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, for all of you who want to travel to Montana, don't forget our Montana Folk Festival the weekend of July 11-13th.

Awesome "FREE" music for the weekend!!!!

Also the An Ri Ra Irish Fetival is in Butte Aug 8-10th, another incredible musical event!!!
GlobeTrotter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 10:32am
Welcome Collie-Pod lover.   Its wonderful to have a growing number of podders in our beautiful part of the country.  There are so many opportunities for great outings and get togethers.   Enjoy the experience.

Your Whitehall neighbor,

Globetrotter
Podding from Montana and loving it!
headcold View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 1:22pm
Glad to see that ColliePod survived St. Paddies Day in Butte.  Not a festival for the timid.LOL
jkwoods View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 10:33am
Survived St Paddy's Day just fine, by staying home where it is warm.  Terrible weather that night, and I have experienced the holiday event in "uptown Butte", and it's not always a pleasant experience.  More of a college drunk!

Red Mtn on the Madison is open all year, this I know, since I work for the BLM in Butte.  The BLM has a different approach to campgrounds than the Forest Service (I also worked for them for 24 years), in that we don't lock them up in the winter.  There are a few that we do, but not many.  You can always call our main desk at 406 533 7600 to inquire.

There are a few VERY nice campgrounds on the Big Hole River that are smaller in scope and the fishing on the Big Hole is AWESOME.  I believe they are fishing there now, from what the guys told me.

I don't believe I'll get out on my "maiden" voyage until mid April, since I have a business trip the first two weeks of April.  Bummer.....
headcold View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 12:12pm
We use BLM campgrounds when in So. Utah, particularly the one in Escalante, which we have found to be incredibly well administered and cared for. Bathrooms clean, grounds well cared for, personnel -  the campground hosts, maintenance people, managers, and law enforcement - all friendly, seemingly efficient, and really dedicated to a healthy land ethic. The BLM has assumed a role in recreation land management that could well be emulated by other land management agencies.  I also like the fact that they don't appear to farm out their campgrounds to private contractors like the Forest Service, which usually results in uneven standards of care for the resource.
Norsk1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 8:17pm
Nice to see Montana has a few Rpoders. I'm new with my 2010 171. I'm just getting familiar with it. May or June in Paradise valley would be great. I won't be camping but will be at a branding at the West Creek Ranch the end of April. I'm located in Plains on the west side of Montana. Hope to see some of you on the road this year.
Ron
GlobeTrotter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 9:58am
Ron,  It looks like we have a significant group of Montana Podders.  We need to get together this summer.  Paradise Valley would be great.  Good luck with the branding.

Podding from Montana and loving it!
hartlej View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 4:47pm
Curious to know how the Subaru is pulling your R pod? I'm debating 2 purchases... 1) Buying a new 2015 Outback and 2) buying an R pod. Before I get the Subaru, I'd trying to figure out if it will pull the R pod without too many issues. Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>